The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

1 hour ago, QMany said:

Michigan, I'd like you to do me a favor though.

Peak Trump. Start fresh conflict by designating a new enemy for his following to rage at while getting basic facts wrong, outright lying and attempting to extort them into doing what you want.

The move to Michigan is nearing for us. It's going to be a pleasure to move up there and help oust this scumbag somewhere that matters.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

The military has been voting by mail forever. I voted by mail in the primaries here in Nebraska.

Not only is this not illegal, it's likely to expand, not go away, as viruses like COVID happen.

fwiw...trump knows a thing or 2 about casting fraudulent votes by mail.  He has done it himself.  He could be in jail for that right now if laws applied to him.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, commando said:

oh look.....Nevada is also cheating

Oh no! A paper trail! And what I mean by this of course, is, vote by mail will leave actual physical ballots than can be be counted and recounted. There are many states that do not have paper ballots. For a full listing of which states do and do not have a paper trail, here is a link. https://ballotpedia.org/Voting_methods_and_equipment_by_state

A very good Vox article on the subject.  Anytime any politicians make voting more difficult, any truly patriotic American should run hard and fast away from that politician - regardless if that politician is from your favorite party or not.  Trump is a threat to our form of govt - no different that the old Jim Crow laws.   He feels threatened that he will lose and he is pulling out all stops.  He will be like a wounded tiger in the next 5 months. 

https://www.vox.com/2020/5/20/21264821/trump-michigan-nevada-funding-cares-act-unconstitutional

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, teachercd said:

Well, voting by mail may not get much bigger...but voting from home will get bigger.  In 10 years 75% of votes will be "from home"

It will be from a voting 'party' where community den masters will "advise" the bloc on how they should vote.  Then there's no reason not to conveniently collect the ballots and submit them.

17 hours ago, TGHusker said:

A very good Vox article on the subject.  Anytime any politicians make voting more difficult, any truly patriotic American should run hard and fast away from that politician - regardless if that politician is from your favorite party or not.  Trump is a threat to our form of govt - no different that the old Jim Crow laws.   He feels threatened that he will lose and he is pulling out all stops.  He will be like a wounded tiger in the next 5 months. 

https://www.vox.com/2020/5/20/21264821/trump-michigan-nevada-funding-cares-act-unconstitutional

These are the words of someone who may try to remain in office if he loses the election. 

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

These are the words of someone who may try to remain in office if he loses the election. 

IMO, no matter how deranged Trump is, and how rabid his base...a junta to keep him in office, should he lose to Biden, is so far fetched in America I cannot believe it would happen

2 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

IMO, no matter how deranged Trump is, and how rabid his base...a junta to keep him in office, should he lose to Biden, is so far fetched in America I cannot believe it would happen

I don't think he would be successful but I really wouldn't put it past him to try. He has made too many swipes at presidential term limits and off hand remarks/tweets of being in office for life for me to put that past him 

2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I don't think he would be successful but I really wouldn't put it past him to try. He has made too many swipes at presidential term limits and off hand remarks/tweets of being in office for life for me to put that past him 

I still am not convinced he wanted to be there in the first place...

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
7 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I think the real question is would the rest of the GOP back him? They've empowered him from day one, why would they oppose him now?