The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

Biden's mouth gets him trouble again

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/499213-biden-regrets-remarks-about-black-support-i-shouldnt-have-been-such-a-wise

Former Vice President Joe Biden said Friday that he regrets telling radio host Charlamagne Tha God earlier in the day that if you support President Trump “then you ain’t black.”

Speaking on a call with black business leaders, Biden described the remarks as “cavalier” and said he never meant to seem as if he was taking black voters for granted or telling them who they ought to support.

“I shouldn’t have been such a wise guy. I shouldn’t have been so cavalier,” Biden said.

“I don’t take it for granted at all and no one should have to vote for any party based on their race, religion or background. There are African Americans who think Trump is worth voting for. I don’t think so and I’m prepared to put my record against his, that was the bottom line and it was really unfortunate, I shouldn’t have been so cavalier.” The presumptive Democratic presidential nominee sparked a firestorm of controversy on the popular radio show "The Breakfast Club” after Charlamagne said he wanted to continue discussing issues impacting the black community at a later point.

“You’ve got more questions?” Biden replied. “Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black."

Republicans, and even some Democratic leaders, blasted the remarks, accusing Biden of lecturing black people on how to think and of questioning the racial authenticity of black voters.

Biden spokeswoman Symone Sanders initially defended the remarks, saying they were “made in jest” and pointing to Biden’s strong support from the black voters who delivered him resounding victories in the Democratic presidential primary.

But the remarks became a sensation on social media and pressure grew on Biden to address them as criticism piled up.

3 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

giphy.gif

Just wanted to communicate these allegations are looking more and more bogus by the day. Even Ryan Grim is backtracking and deleting his tweets on the subject. Now if your point is he's a liar, then okay - but all I'm saying is I'd hold off on calling him rapist. 

He did it. Theres no question he did it, the man is a grade A creep. He has shown it multiple times in public and if he does that in public, juat imagine what he soes in private. With that being said, who cares. Its America, the land where rich and powerful men can get away with murder. Its the country and world we live in and hes better than Trump so as far as Im concerned, its over and people need to move on. 

33 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

He did it. Theres no question he did it, the man is a grade A creep. He has shown it multiple times in public and if he does that in public, juat imagine what he soes in private. With that being said, who cares. Its America, the land where rich and powerful men can get away with murder. Its the country and world we live in and hes better than Trump so as far as Im concerned, its over and people need to move on. 

Her lawyer was so convinced Biden did it, that he quit. 

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

The Dems really know how to pick em.

Surprised it took all day for someone to bring this up. When will libs realize that any race/sex/age can vote for whoever they like. Thinking differently creates the impression the person can’t think for themselves.  Honestly, is Biden liked by blacks because of Obama? I don’t get it. 

• Plus1 1

If you're a politician, you have to at least pretend like the voters have some power. You can't say bulls#!t like "look at the alternative" - that takes away voters' power. It's telling them they "have" to vote for you, even if they don't think you'll do s#!t for them. That's exactly what he's doing when he says if you don't vote for him you're not Black. Maybe he should take a page out of Trump's playbook and try to tell the voters everything they want to hear even if he knows he's not really going to do it.

It's still true that it would be a disaster if Trump wins over him, but he's bad at this and I still don't understand why Democrats wanted him. I would've put him at 4th or 5th on my list of the major candidates.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Her lawyer was so convinced Biden did it, that he quit. 

Its not a winnable case. Its a he said she said. That doesnt stand up in court. I dont even think they can go to court as this happened 30 some years ago and the statute of limitations has probably already lapsed. He did it. Hes a kid sniffing freak. But like I said, who cares. Its the American way. Rich and powerful, you get the benefit of the doubt. 

i think bidens apology is good.    and refreshing.   when trump flubs something he has the entire far right propaganda arm wage war telling us that we are snowflakes or we just hate trump for taking him to task.   Joe actually apologized for his mistake.   i know there are those that are predisposed to hate joe for anything and everything....but having the strength of character to apologize is good IMO

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/biden-tells-black-radio-host-problem-figuring-trump/story?id=70834037

"I shouldn't have been such a wise guy," Biden added, “I don't take [the black vote] for granted at all. And no one, no one should have to vote for any party, based on their race, their religion, their background. There are African-Americans who think that Trump was worth voting for. I don't think so, I'm prepared to put my record against his. That was the bottom line and it was really unfortunate, I shouldn't have been so cavalier,” Biden said.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Its not a winnable case. Its a he said she said. That doesnt stand up in court. I dont even think they can go to court as this happened 30 some years ago and the statute of limitations has probably already lapsed. He did it. Hes a kid sniffing freak. But like I said, who cares. Its the American way. Rich and powerful, you get the benefit of the doubt. 

What a crap argument. And you're only making it because of your dislike of Biden. Disappointing.

• Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, commando said:

i think bidens apology is good.    and refreshing.   when trump flubs something he has the entire far right propaganda arm wage war telling us that we are snowflakes or we just hate trump for taking him to task.   Joe actually apologized for his mistake.   i know there are those that are predisposed to hate joe for anything and everything....but having the strength of character to apologize is good IMO

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/biden-tells-black-radio-host-problem-figuring-trump/story?id=70834037

"I shouldn't have been such a wise guy," Biden added, “I don't take [the black vote] for granted at all. And no one, no one should have to vote for any party, based on their race, their religion, their background. There are African-Americans who think that Trump was worth voting for. I don't think so, I'm prepared to put my record against his. That was the bottom line and it was really unfortunate, I shouldn't have been so cavalier,” Biden said.

Yep. Said something stupid, took it on the chin from lots of people (deservedly so) and decided to own up to his mistake and apologize.

Anybody remember the sweaty hostage video Trump released after the Access Hollywood tape leaked? Refresher:

It's not even a real apology. He pivots to attacking the Clintons.

To my knowledge, he hasn't apologized for anything since.

Neither of our options are perfect. But that's the difference. Biden humbles himself and apologizes. Trump would never do that.