The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

2 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

What they lie about matters.

For instance, Biden mostly lies about stuff that is really of no consequence to me personally, like getting arrested in South Africa or how many degrees he had.

Trump lies about the seriousness of a pandemic, or effectiveness of wearing a mask, or potential health benefits of disinfectants, or why we can't see his tax returns. I could go on.

All lies are not created equal. Trump is a malicious liar; Biden is generally benign.

That's why statistics about 'lies' are useless. They don't know how to treat opinions.  Those education-based lies Biden told are quite material and disturbing in that they can be easily fact-checked.

• Haha 1
57 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

I'd be getting frustrated if I tried to lay out a comprehensive argument or have a serious conversation.

Just chatting in small doses with teach is good stuff.

I agree!  He seems like a great guy and is super funny.

3 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

That's why statistics about 'lies' are useless. They don't know how to treat opinions.  Those education-based lies Biden told are quite material and disturbing in that they can be easily fact-checked.

Yeah but not disturbing in that the amount of undergrad degrees he has has no tangible effect on anyone's life.

Lying about, say, the benefits of prescription drugs or disinfectants, on the other hand, cost some very dumb people very dearly.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
3 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Yeah but not disturbing in that the amount of undergrad degrees he has has no tangible effect on anyone's life.

Lying about, say, the benefits of prescription drugs or disinfectants, on the other hand, cost some very dumb people very dearly.

Yeah Trump's medical opinion is quite clearly, an opinion.

Where are they hiding all the racist quotes from Trump that would counter-balance Biden's?  I can't believe a man doing business in New York City for 50 years doesn't have a supply of racial memes.  

3 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Yeah Trump's medical opinion is quite clearly, an opinion.

Where are they hiding all the racist quotes from Trump that would counter-balance Biden's?  I can't believe a man doing business in New York City for 50 years doesn't have a supply of racial memes.  

You'll never find what you don't want to see, Joe.

• Plus1 3
5 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Hahaha unreal. Like telling American born minority legislators to go back and fix their own countries. Or insisting a black man named Obama wasn’t born here. Or putting out an ad in the paper to use the death penalty on 5 black kids who were proven innocent via DNA evidence. 

• Plus1 3
16 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Nope.  Silicon Valley runs what you see on your screens.  IF you are a conservative you would notice the drip drip of liberal opinions that are completely unavoidable.  Meanwhile much less provocative conservatives are censored by the shrouded elites without one iota of fairness. 

So that link pretty much shows that Trump makes indirect innuendo about racial tensions.

Biden has a pattern of directly offensive remarks.  But only one will be instantly forgiven and forgotten after his boilerplate apology. 

1 minute ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Nope.  Silicon Valley runs what you see on your screens.  IF you are a conservative you would notice the drip drip of liberal opinions that are completely unavoidable.  Meanwhile much less provocative conservatives are censored by the shrouded elites without one iota of fairness. 

So that link pretty much shows that Trump makes indirect innuendo about racial tensions.

Biden has a pattern of directly offensive remarks.  But only one will be instantly forgiven and forgotten after his boilerplate apology. 

Gonna play the victim card here, huh?

I'll take the one who apologizes over the one who doesn't any day. It shows he has the self-awareness to realize he screwed up and the humility to try to fix it. As opposed to the fake machismo and phony toughness from the other guy.

It's also glaringly obvious Trump's brand of politics is 110% powered by stoking racial resentment. So I get the effort by Republicans to try to say BiDeN iS tHe AcTuAl RaCiSt but it's not going to work.