The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

11 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Common sense tells me that this will happen too, but I also though Hillary would win in 2016, so what the hell do I know? 

Like I said, I thought that too but I really underestimated just how truly unlikeable she is as a human.  I don't know, if in the history of elections, if there has been a person that was so disliked by women and men, and had almost no ability to relate to people.  Which is odd, considering her "husband" could sell ice to an Eskimo.

Like I said, Trump is 0/3 now.

• Plus1 1

33 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Does not exist. 

How anyone can or will vote for him in November is beyond me, but I try to think that humanity, at its base, is inherently good. 

Trump is truly a deplorable  person 

The problem with Biden's gaffe wasn't racism. It was the entitlement. This is what Democrats think about blacks, Hispanics, women, labor, and college students. They count on their loyalty because they have nowhere else to go. They are largely correct, but the Dems don't work very hard to earn it and Biden just made the mistake of saying it out loud.  The guy in the video was asking for something tangible Biden could give him to take back to his community, and Biden merely cited an NAACP endorsement that the NAACP never actually gave him. 

Just because I'm a lifelong Dem doesn't mean I have to defend the party when it lurches around and loses elections. 

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

The problem with Biden's gaffe wasn't racism. It was the entitlement. This is what Democrats think about blacks, Hispanics, women, labor, and college students. They count on their loyalty because they have nowhere else to go. They are largely correct, but the Dems don't work very hard to earn it and Biden just made the mistake of saying it out loud.  The guy in the video was asking for something tangible Biden could give him to take back to his community, and Biden merely cited an NAACP endorsement that the NAACP never actually gave him. 

Just because I'm a lifelong Dem doesn't mean I have to defend the party when it lurches around and loses elections. 

Yes!

5 hours ago, knapplc said:

This is the guy our Trumpists think is preferable to... anything.

This just makes me sad. The rest of my Twitter feed is awful as well this morning - someone's mother passing due to Covid, that horrible woman who called the police and said a black man was threatening her for *asking her to keep her dog on a leash in a park*, another black man dying after complaining he could not breathe while pinned to the ground during an arrest.

Might be a good day to stay off Twitter.

Still, this is not a one-off deal. They pulled this same s#!t with a staffer named Seth Rich who was sadly murdered in DC. They tried to claim Democrats performed some kind of hit to prevent him from leaking damaging information. Hannity in particular tried to power this crap, despite the pain and harm it was causing his surviving family, until they hit him with a cease-and-desist letter.

Trump and Hannity are terrible people as are anyone else who thinks using human suffering as a political weapon is OK.

6 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Does not exist. 

Voter Fraud <-> Voter Suppression are partisan boogeymen.  But voter manipulation is simply left wing policy.  They would like to end the privacy of the voting booth in favor of bloc factions filling out their ballots as a group.  The state's only role will be to count the boxes of ballots delivered ne masse; no questions asked. 

4 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Everyone had a chuckle when they were reminded the NAACP claims to be a non-partisan organization. 

• Haha 1
26 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Voter Fraud <-> Voter Suppression are partisan boogeymen.  But voter manipulation is simply left wing policy.  They would like to end the privacy of the voting booth in favor of bloc factions filling out their ballots as a group.  The state's only role will be to count the boxes of ballots delivered ne masse; no questions asked. 

steaming-manure-picture-id488213599?s=20

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Everyone had a chuckle when they were reminded the NAACP claims to be a non-partisan organization. 

They did. Now be a sport and admit Donald Trump is a clown and an embarrassment. 

• Plus1 1

14 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Man....the idiot is our president and doesn't even know what FREE SPEECH is. 

You know, it's funny. The article in the Atlantic that triggered Trump enough to cause him to lash out on Twitter about it explains this quite well.

Trump is triggered because he knows the article is absolutely, 100% correct. Trump and his folowing exist in a perpetual state of victimhood because it allows them to never accept responsibility for or address their own flaws.

Well worth the read. The relevant bits:

Gorka tries to cosplay the same role himself. The photographs of him carrying guns, wearing a suede vest, and posing next to his underpowered suburban Mustang are now internet legends, precisely because they are so ridiculous. But he is a good example of how so many of the men who support Trump have morphed into childish caricatures of themselves. They, too, are little boys, playing at being tough but crying about their victimization at the hands of liberal elites if they are subjected to criticism of any kind.
-------

Trump is never going to get therapy. But Stern’s observation opens the door to a better explanation of why—despite all of his whiny complaints, his pouty demeanor, and his mean-girl tweets—Trump’s working-class voters forgive him.

Trump’s lack of masculinity is about maturity. He is not manly because he is not a man. He is a boy.

To be a man is to be an adult, to willingly decide, as St. Paul wrote, to “put away childish things.” There’s a reason that Peter Pan is a story about a boy, and the syndrome named after it is about men. Not everyone grows up as they age.

It should not be a surprise then, that Trump is a hero to a culture in which so many men are already trapped in perpetual adolescence. And especially for men who feel like life might have passed them by, whose fondest memories are rooted somewhere in their own personal Wonder Years from elementary school until high-school graduation, Trump is a walking permission slip to shrug off the responsibilities of manhood.
--------

In the end, Trump will continue to act like a little boy, and his base, the voters who will stay with him to the end, will excuse him. When a grown man brags about being brave, it is unmanly and distasteful; when a little boy pulls out a cardboard sword and ties a towel around his neck like a cape, it’s endearing. When a rich and powerful old man whines about how unfairly he is being treated, we scowl and judge; when a little boy snuffles in his tears and says that he was bullied—treated worse than Abraham Lincoln, even—we comfort.

Donald Trump is unmanly because he has never chosen to become a man. He has weathered few trials that create an adult of any kind. He is, instead, working-class America’s dysfunctional son, and his supporters, male and female alike, have become the worried parent explaining what a good boy he is to terrorized teachers even while he continues to set fires in the hallway right outside.

I think that working men, the kind raised as I was, know what kind of “man” Trump is. And still, the gratification they get from seeing Trump enrage the rest of the country is enough to earn their indulgence. I doubt, however, that Trump gives them the same consideration. Perhaps Howard Stern, of all people, said it best: “The oddity in all of this is the people Trump despises most, love him the most. The people who are voting for Trump for the most part … He’d be disgusted by them.” The tragedy is that they are not disgusted by him in return.

• Thanks 2
14 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I'd hate to be twitter right now, didn't make the president take down false murder tweets, now people making up a false murder by Trump to prove a point. #JusticeForCarolyn

many are saying it so it must be true.