The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

12 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

You know, it's funny. The article in the Atlantic that triggered Trump enough to cause him to lash out on Twitter about it explains this quite well.

Trump is triggered because he knows the article is absolutely, 100% correct. Trump and his folowing exist in a perpetual state of victimhood because it allows them to never accept responsibility for or address their own flaws.

Good article. 

I like how it starts or should I say, I should be scared by how it starts - the bold in particular:

So many mysteries surround Donald Trump: the contents of his tax returns, the apparent miracle of his graduation from college. Some of them are merely curiosities; others are of national importance, such as whether he understood the nuclear-weapons briefing given to every president. I prefer not to dwell on this question.

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

Hopefully Reade gets the same benefit of the doubt and presumption of innocence that Biden has received.

It does NOT mean that what she said couldn't have happened to her, nor does it automatically mean she lied, but boy for those of us who got aped for saying to pump the brakes and wait to see how things play out, it'll sure feel like a bit of vindication if it's found she lied.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Danny Bateman said:

It does NOT mean that what she said couldn't have happened to her, nor does it automatically mean she lied, but boy for those of us who got aped for saying to pump the brakes and wait to see how things play out, it'll sure feel like a bit of vindication if it's found she lied.

Sadly, it also shows just how often this can and does happen.  If she lied in s situation like this, with one of the most well known people in America, just imagine how much this (possible) lying happens in average situations. 

2 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Regardless of whether Reade lied or not, this is going to discourage victims from coming forward in the future.

4 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

And if it goes awry, the California County DA can pull a Biden and apologize for being so hard on her.  But really no one will be accused of putting the victim on trial in this case.