The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

Just now, RedDenver said:

Thanks for the polling links. I overstated how Biden is doing with younger voters. From the article above:

The point remains that Biden is doing an outreach to get more of those younger voters, and I disagree with the approach the campaign is taking.

Biden doesn't have to be doing better than Hillary amongst a group that historically doesn't even vote to beat Trump.

In your opinion, what should Biden be doing to court younger voters?

19 hours ago, teachercd said:

Man, this virus coupled with the media is going to make Trump end up in an insane asylum!  Ha...

Dude has zero chance of pulling it together.   

Normal trump :blink:  trump wt virus news :bang   trump with media :ahhhhhhhh

2gr61z.jpg

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Biden doesn't have to be doing better than Hillary amongst a group that historically doesn't even vote to beat Trump.

I agree.

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

In your opinion, what should Biden be doing to court younger voters?

Supporting policies that the younger voters are more favorable towards.

I thought that Biden might pivot to supporting M4A because of the pandemic, especially since that's favored by a majority of Dem voters including Biden supporters, but he's been clear in his opposition to M4A.

Biden is doing a means tested free public college that could help. I haven't seen his position on student loan forgiveness, but that's another area he could get younger voter support. I'm sure there are more issues/policies.

19 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I agree.

Supporting policies that the younger voters are more favorable towards.

I thought that Biden might pivot to supporting M4A because of the pandemic, especially since that's favored by a majority of Dem voters including Biden supporters, but he's been clear in his opposition to M4A.

Biden is doing a means tested free public college that could help. I haven't seen his position on student loan forgiveness, but that's another area he could get younger voter support. I'm sure there are more issues/policies.

So, he's doing these things, and also other things.

It just seems weird to keep cracking on the guy for reaching out. He's trying.

42 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I haven't seen his position on student loan forgiveness, but that's another area he could get younger voter support. I'm sure there are more issues/policies.

Under the Biden plan, individuals making $25,000 or less per year will not owe any payments on their undergraduate federal student loans and also won’t accrue any interest on those loans. Everyone else will pay 5% of their discretionary income (income minus taxes and essential spending like housing and food) over $25,000 toward their loans. This plan will save millions of Americans thousands of dollars a year. After 20 years, the remainder of the loans for people who have responsibly made payments through the program will be 100% forgiven.

Public servants do the hard work that is essential to our country’s success – protecting us, teaching our children, keeping our streets clean and our lights on, and so much more. But the program designed to help these individuals serve without having to worry about the burden of their student loans – the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program – is broken. Biden will create a new, simple program which offers $10,000 of undergraduate or graduate student debt relief for every year of national or community service, up to five years. Individuals working in schools, government, and other non-profit settings will be automatically enrolled in this forgiveness program; up to five years of prior national or community service will also qualify. Additionally, Biden will fix the existing Public Service Loan Forgiveness program by securing passage of the What You Can Do For Your Country Act of 2019. Biden will ensure adjunct professors are eligible for this loan forgiveness, depending on the amount of time devoted to teaching.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

The article is about Biden trying to win over young voters, just look at the title:

Joe Biden Has Struggled With Young People. He Has A New Plan To Win Them.

The point of the tweet is that doing brunches and happy hours and such are not the way to get those voters.

Why would I "just" look at the title? First of all, the title doesn't say Biden thinks he's gonna win voters just by doing happy hours. Second of all, the title doesn't tell the whole story. It's a title. Nobody thinks they're gonna win a voter just by having happy hours with them, period. Platform and reaching out to voters are 2 separate things. This isn't a choice between M4A and talking to voters. He could have the ideal platform for you and this Twitter user and he should still have a plan for how to reach out to and talk to voters and make them feel heard.

From the article:

“This is a way to take our message directly to voters,” [Symone] Sanders said. “They’re probably not getting on our website or watching CNN.”

There is platform and then there is figuring out good ways to speak to voters.

“League 46 will be focused on bringing together young leaders that will help Joe Biden win and enact a bold, progressive agenda in 2021 that addresses critical issues young Americans are passionate about and ensure they are a key priority during the recovery.”

I understand being bitter about Biden because his platform is disappointing but the tweet is still stupid.

4 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Under the Biden plan, individuals making $25,000 or less per year will not owe any payments on their undergraduate federal student loans and also won’t accrue any interest on those loans. Everyone else will pay 5% of their discretionary income (income minus taxes and essential spending like housing and food) over $25,000 toward their loans. This plan will save millions of Americans thousands of dollars a year. After 20 years, the remainder of the loans for people who have responsibly made payments through the program will be 100% forgiven.

Public servants do the hard work that is essential to our country’s success – protecting us, teaching our children, keeping our streets clean and our lights on, and so much more. But the program designed to help these individuals serve without having to worry about the burden of their student loans – the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program – is broken. Biden will create a new, simple program which offers $10,000 of undergraduate or graduate student debt relief for every year of national or community service, up to five years. Individuals working in schools, government, and other non-profit settings will be automatically enrolled in this forgiveness program; up to five years of prior national or community service will also qualify. Additionally, Biden will fix the existing Public Service Loan Forgiveness program by securing passage of the What You Can Do For Your Country Act of 2019. Biden will ensure adjunct professors are eligible for this loan forgiveness, depending on the amount of time devoted to teaching.

Increasing the river of tax payer money will enable universities to keep raising the damn tuition.  

7 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Ugh tell me about it, can you believe the libtard currently in the White House trying to censor social media. Big Government at again!

Republicans are constitutionalists when it's not a Republican violating the constitution, and anti-regulation when it's not a Republican proposing regulation.

• Plus1 1