The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

18 hours ago, ZRod said:

Same for people in France, Italy, or wherever. When I went to Europe for the first time a few years back, my biggest eye opener was how much alike we really are. Same thing when I watched Anthony Bourdain in Iran. We talk different, eat different, think a little different but deep down we all just want to take care of our loved ones and be happy.

Tony was one of my favorites over the years...from No Reservations on through to his untimely passing

• Fire 1

10 hours ago, teachercd said:

So, these riots...how do you think they will impact the election?

I can see the Ds spinning it like the veterans army in the first FDR election while the Rs run on a campaign of law&order.  The Ds will yell "that's racist" but that's exactly the dichotomy Trump would like to win reelection.

• Plus1 2
18 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I can see the Ds spinning it like the veterans army in the first FDR election while the Rs run on a campaign of law&order.  The Ds will yell "that's racist" but that's exactly the dichotomy Trump would like to win reelection.

It's like you have a sensor to post things that make "just enough" sense to stick around....

I'd agree with your thought.  I think that is why Trump is trying so hard to stoke the flames, it will be good for him.

Now, I see that as disgusting. But the average voter will most likely see him standing up to looters and nothing more.  I need to remember that I'm jaded and a significant portion of the electorate isn't viewing through the same lens I am.

• Plus1 3

Carter garnered 50.1% of the vote and 297 Electoral votes to beat Ford (48.0% and 240).

ElectoralCollege1976.svg

(Wild for someone my age to see Texas and Florida (with so few electoral votes) blue while California and Illinois are red.) 

So let me get this straight. Biden is meeting with protesters, key black leaders and later today meeting with the mayors of the cities most affected by protests - and our current president is hiding in a bunker, tweeting out decisive bulls#!t? Man this is election is becoming more of a no brainer by the second. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 3
15 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

History would prove the Civil Rights and Vietnam protestors right, but violence in the streets was enough to get Richard Nixon elected. 

It wasn't really about law & order. Just order. 

But Nixon wasn't the incumbent during those pivotal events; he was running against the incumbent VP. This is happening under Trump's watch. 

2 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

So let me get this straight. Biden is meeting with protesters, key black leaders and later today meeting with the mayors of the cities most affected by protests - and our current president is hiding in a bunker, tweeting out decisive bulls#!t? Man this is election is becoming more of a no brainer by the second. 

The president has ceded leadership and Biden is filling the void. 

I keep hearing how this stuff is good for Trump but I'm not so sure, man.