The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

Just now, FrantzHardySwag said:

This is what I'm seeing as well. Trump has given Biden an opportunity to act as president, and Biden took every inch that Trump gave him. 

I've been critical of Biden mostly disappearing during the pandemic and economic crisis that's ongoing, but it's good to see him actually getting out there and leading.

2 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

This is what I'm seeing as well. Trump has given Biden an opportunity to act as president, and Biden took every inch that Trump gave him. 

Trump can't work with those mayors, because he'd rather call them out on Twitter than help them. 

Because he's a clown.

• Plus1 2
25 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

History would prove the Civil Rights and Vietnam protestors right, but violence in the streets was enough to get Richard Nixon elected. 

It wasn't really about law & order. Just order. 

See, this is sort of how I see it too.

First everyone is outraged at the rioting...then everyone is on the side of the rioters...then the riots and violence keep going and people start to get pissed about it...and if Trump gets "order" I think it ends up helping him with voters.

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

See, this is sort of how I see it too.

First everyone is outraged at the rioting...then everyone is on the side of the rioters...then the riots and violence keep going and people start to get pissed about it...and if Trump gets "order" I think it ends up helping him with voters.

Trump is chaos personified.

It's hard to run on order when you're that guy (also when you're hiding in a bunker). If anything Biden is the order candidate.

• Plus1 4

6 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Trump is chaos personified.

It's hard to run on order when you're that guy (also when you're hiding in a bunker). If anything Biden is the order candidate.

+1, Trump is the current President. He's the one running the show. How does this situation convince voters that Trump will magically learn how to provide order?

• Plus1 1

Meanwhile...

This man has no idea what he's doing. He's flailing right now and trying to not look weak. But it just comes off as incoherent and unhinged.

HE appears to recognize this is bad for him but he has no solutions. He has no answers. So he just unloads on others and tries to pretend it's not his problem.

This is who he is. It's who he's always been. He's an empty suit. What a loser.

• Thanks 1

Now he's talking about trying to criminalize burning the flag. Which is constitutionally-protected free speech and solves a problem absolutely no one is having.

This dude's completely losing his mind.

2 minutes ago, QMany said:

I wonder if Val Demings is on the list of VP candidates being vetted.

I thought she was a dark horse at first but given the recent events I've been wondering this too. It would make too much sense.

20 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Now he's talking about trying to criminalize burning the flag. Which is constitutionally-protected free speech and solves a problem absolutely no one is having.

I thought she was a dark horse at first but given the recent events I've been wondering this too. It would make too much sense.

Yeah, he is going to have a breakdown!  

34 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

with him and his followers i have to ask...which flag?  the confederate flag?   Nazi?   old glory?

• Plus1 1

If the GOP had any balls,  any courage, any true concern for the nation, they would cut loose of this failure and as a party announce an open convention to select someone other than Trump.  They would also initiate amendment 25 action to remove him from office.

But that is wishful, fantasy thinking at the highest when one considers what the GOP has become.  One would think they would see the disaster looming in Nov but no, they are too blind to see it.  Three blind mice following their blind leader.

The beat down in Nov could become Reagan like - 1984 from a popular vote perspective.  However Trump will probably carry some deep red states like my Oklahoma, Utah, Ne, Ks. 

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Meanwhile...

This man has no idea what he's doing. He's flailing right now and trying to not look weak. But it just comes off as incoherent and unhinged.

HE appears to recognize this is bad for him but he has no solutions. He has no answers. So he just unloads on others and tries to pretend it's not his problem.

This is who he is. It's who he's always been. He's an empty suit. What a loser.

Audio of Trump:

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-reportedly-berates-governors-as-fools-jerks-in-conference-call-demands-they-dominate-protesters-with-force/

8 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

History would prove the Civil Rights and Vietnam protestors right, but violence in the streets was enough to get Richard Nixon elected. 

It wasn't really about law & order. Just order. 

Not everyone in the streets actually cares about civil rights, then and now.