The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

3 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

These guys weren't denying use of the public roads?

Do the words "civil disobedience" mean anything to you?

Knowing that you love Trump, probably not. 

I suppose Rosa Parks should've just quietly gone to the back of the bus? Those who staged sit ins in the 50s and 60s should have left peacefully because what they were doing was against the law? The Freedom Riders never should've done their thing? Bloody Sunday never should've happened as those people should've just listened to the man? Martin Luther King Jr. never would've been shot if he wasn't an agitator who didn't know his place? Rodney King should've gotten beaten because he broke the law?

I'm sure as our resident fan of the Law & Order president you can clear all of this up for us because it sure seems like you're grasping at straws to support him.  

• Plus1 2

13 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Do the words "civil disobedience" mean anything to you?

Knowing that you love Trump, probably not. 

I suppose Rosa Parks should've just quietly gone to the back of the bus? Those who staged sit ins in the 50s and 60s should have left peacefully because what they were doing was against the law? The Freedom Riders never should've done their thing? Bloody Sunday never should've happened as those people should've just listened to the man? Martin Luther King Jr. never would've been shot if he wasn't an agitator who didn't know his place? Rodney King should've gotten beaten because he broke the law?

I'm sure as our resident fan of the Law & Order president you can clear all of this up for us because it sure seems like you're grasping at straws to support him.  

I showed a great Freedom Riders video in class...then it was taken down from youtube!!!!!

14 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I showed a great Freedom Riders video in class...then it was taken down from youtube!!!!!

I think I know the exact one you're talking about; I was going to show it this year but couldn't find it

58 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

I suppose Rosa Parks should've just quietly gone to the back of the bus? Those who staged sit ins in the 50s and 60s should have left peacefully because what they were doing was against the law?

Well...Rosa Parks violated the rights of the bus company to make money off of black people. It's amendment  69 look it up.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Whose taking your rights?

So....your right to drive down a street trumps their right to free speech. 

ummmm....have you ever read the Bill Of Rights or the Constitution?  ....or have any knowledge of American history?

4 hours ago, Landlord said:

I must have missed the amendment in the Bill of Rights about the right to use public roads.

You will find it in the Privileges and Immunities Clause.

(Don't blame me, I'm not the activist judge)

2 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Do you even know what road that is? Is there traffic that's being blocked?  There are a number of roads in that area that do not have (or very rarely have) traffic on them.

And at no time do the police ask them to move off the road or tell them where they can protest. You're trying to avoid the main point - the police violated the 1st Amendment Rights of these protesters.

I don't believe you. The tweet merely confirms the standard procedure of telling the protestors to move a small distance.

FYI they are out there now protesting, and it's well past curfew in DC. 

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

You will find it in the Privileges and Immunities Clause.

(Don't blame me, I'm not the activist judge)

I don't believe you. The tweet merely confirms the standard procedure of telling the protestors to move a small distance.

FYI they are out there now protesting, and it's well past curfew in DC. 

trump has praised the Chinese for Tiananmen square.

• Plus1 2
59 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

oh for f#&%’s sake. 

you seriously believe this. 

Take it up with Justice Samuel Freeman Miller.

Now the US Park Police are denying tear gas was used.  That seems like an easy thing to verify.

Really though.  Antifa &Co. just tried to torch our cities and you're worried about that some protestors had to move a block so POTUS could visit a church?  A week ago this would be an unrealistic fantasy. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Take it up with Justice Samuel Freeman Miller.

Now the US Park Police are denying tear gas was used.  That seems like an easy thing to verify.

Really though.  Antifa &Co. just tried to torch our cities and you're worried about that some protestors had to move a block so POTUS could visit a church?  A week ago this would be an unrealistic fantasy. 

You're just a caricature of a Republican at this point.

• Plus1 6