The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

Remember when Republicans were trying to drum up the #WalkAway thing against Democrats? (and, isn't that "cancel culture" that we hear them complain about so much?)

Well, turns out there is a walk away movement. Just not the way the Republicans wanted.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
39 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Remember when Republicans were trying to drum up the #WalkAway thing against Democrats? (and, isn't that "cancel culture" that we hear them complain about so much?)

Well, turns out there is a walk away movement. Just not the way the Republicans wanted.

Gallup party affiliation poll shows the same thing.  LINK

Those who affiliate with the Republican party are the smallest group.  In fact, it hasn't been this low for well over a year.

Probably not good for Republicans 5 months before a Presidential election.  Independents continue to be the largest group.  And...if Trump loses them by over 21%....well.....

Just remember this.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, QMany said:

Your daily reminder that Biden is "as good a man as God ever created," and Trump is a POS. 

That is an amazing tweet thread.  Got a lump in my throat on that one.    Character is a defining issue this year. 

An election slogan for Biden could be  "In your heart of hearts, what man do you believe really cares for you?"

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

I believe Joe Biden is a good man who has done many acts of kindness and his character alone distances him from Trump. But if I had to bet money, I'd say this heartwarming anecdote from the Rabbi never happened. It's written like every apocryphal tale ever shared. Literally too perfect to be true. 

It's only 1 poll so it can't be given a lot of weight, but Biden is leading Trump by 1 point in the latest Ohio poll by Quinnipiac. Clinton lost Ohio by 8 points.

I looked at Quinnipiac Clinton vs. Trump and they were tied in Ohio in June and July, but every poll after that except after her convention bump, she was losing to him. So it'll be interesting to see what happens as the election gets closer.

Do you ever think you are overreacting to one rogue cop in a deep blue city?

Protesters chanting for Johnson’s release also broke glass at the Tommy Thompson Center, named for the former Republican governor, and smashed windows and lights at the Capitol. Early Wednesday, police in riot gear worked to clear a crowd of about 100 people that remained in the area.

One of the statues toppled, decapitated and dragged into a lake about a half-mile away was of Civil War Col. Hans Christian Heg. He was an anti-slavery activist and leader of an anti-slave catcher militia in Wisconsin who fought for the Union and died from injuries suffered during the Battle of Chickamauga.

Democratic state Sen. Tim Carpenter was assaulted after taking a cellphone video of protesters.

“Punched/kicked in the head, neck, ribs,” Carpenter tweeted around 4 a.m. “Maybe concussion, socked in left eye is little blurry, sore neck & ribs. 8-10 people attacked me. Innocent people are going to get killed. Capitol locked- stuck in office.Stop violence nowPlz!”

https://wtmj.com/national/2020/06/24/crowds-tear-down-statues-attack-wisconsin-state-senator-14/

• Fire 1