The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

58 minutes ago, knapplc said:

On the surface, this may seem extra bad. But for Trumpists, it's just more MAGA.

Trumps words: he knows he a dead man walking.  His tweet is paving the way for the AG to undo the election if possible and tie it up in court or for him to save face when he is defeated whereby he can launch a subversive movement with OAN as his microphone - paving the way for him to run again in 2024 :smokin

3 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I think there's a good chance Trump doesn't do the debates.

You really think he'd back out of them?

Obviously he loves to complain about them because he's a whiny, petulant child and perpetual victim. But I think he knows not doing them at all makes him look incredibly weak and afraid.

7 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Obviously he loves to complain about them because he's a whiny, petulant child and perpetual victim. But I think he knows not doing them at all makes him look incredibly weak and afraid.

I think he might find reasons not to do the debates. Trump wants to do rallies to feed his ego, not debate issues. I'm saying there's a reasonable chance he'd not debate, not that it's the most likely outcome.

• Plus1 1

Actually the Trump team was trying to get  Joe to agree to more than 3 debates.  Thinking it would highlight Joe's habit of saying "Uncle Joes" stuff.   In the end, they both might embarrass themselves.  In the Hannity interview above, trump tries to come across as an intellectual, but fails badly because he just isn't very smart.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

Actually the Trump team was trying to get  Joe to agree to more than 3 debates.  Thinking it would highlight Joe's habit of saying "Uncle Joes" stuff.   In the end, they both might embarrass themselves.  In the Hannity interview above, trump tries to come across as an intellectual, but fails badly because he just isn't very smart.

Good points, but Trump and his team are often not in agreement. And Trump impulsively changes directions pretty often, so who knows.

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

I remember, not too long ago, I saw where it appeared the Trump team was floating the idea that he wouldn't do any debates.  I think his team knows they would be a total disaster.  Trump's ego makes him think that he will get on stage and completely embarrass Biden.  I'm guessing there is quite the argument about debates going on behind the scenes in the White House.  The team also knows that doing not doing them would be the death of the campaign.

• Plus1 1

A far fetched theory from Morning Joe

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/scarborough-suggests-trump-is-tanking-on-purpose-looks-like-a-deliberate-attempt-to-drive-his-campaign-into-the-ground/

Joe Scarborough believes that President Donald Trump could be taking a dive in the 2020 election.

On Friday’s edition of Morning Joe, the MSNBC host — during a conversation with guest Donny Deustch — posited his theory that Trump is trying to lose the race on purpose.

“This guy that you and I have known for many years, not only is he not acting like he doesn’t want to get re-elected, he’s acting like he really wants to lose badly and take the Republican party down with him,” Scarborough said.

The Morning Joe host conceded that the theory is far-fetched, but said he cannot come up with another reason why the president is taking so many unpopular positions.

“None of this would make sense in the conventional sense,” Scarborough said. “But you look at every single move he’s making. He’s on the 25 percent of a 75/25 issue. And it keeps happening every day.”

Scarborough added, “This looks like a deliberate attempt to drive his campaign into the ground every day. He knows what he’s doing is going to lower the poll numbers, and they are. They are collapsing every day.”

Co-host Mika Brzezinski agreed.

“He doesn’t want four more years,” she said. “That’s clear. You can tell by his behavior. His attitude towards the health of the American people, he doesn’t want to be there.”

But, Brzezinski added, Trump does not like to lose. Scarborough concurred, and suggested that Trump could follow the example of Lyndon Johnson in 1968 and withdraw from the race.

“This is not a guy who is acting like he expects to be around on January 21st, 2021 in the White House. And he’s acting like he’s setting everything on fire before he leaves,” Scarborough said. He added, “He’s known when to leave the stage before. … I would not be surprised if he left the stage again.”