The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

I cannot wait for HuskerBoard to unite in ripping on President Biden. I think those of us who would vote for him are almost unanimous in our meh-ness about him as president, and of course those who don't vote for him aren't going to like him much, anyway. It'll be a peaceful time in P&R. 

Only problem is I'm burnt out and the s#!tty things he does will be like 5% in quantity and s#!ttiness level of the s#!tty things Trump does.

Although Biden not doing the stuff a president should might annoy me more.

2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Only problem is I'm burnt out and the s#!tty things he does will be like 5% in quantity and s#!ttiness level of the s#!tty things Trump does.

Although Biden not doing the stuff a president should might annoy me more.

The bold - the tyranny of expectations.    Someone said that "Stress is the gap between our expectations and our realities."   I'm sure there will be high expectations  placed on Biden.  My expectation is for him to return us to some sense of normalcy - where we think the president is a  dirty rotten scoundrel because of his party and not because of who he is:D  Actually, I hope and believe Biden can return us to a more civil discussion of the important issues facing us. Where opinions are respected and where skin color, ethnic background or religion don't matter.  If he can get the conversation changed and the tone changed that will be a huge accomplishment in itself- in what could be a transitional but also transformational presidency.  Warren or Harris or other vp, whichever one replaces him in 4 years or sooner, can drive the policy changes.  Putting aside my own personal preferred policy agenda, for the good of the country the GOP needs to be trashed during this election to remove any and all stains of president Trump.  Let a new GOP party arise with new leaders or a new  center right, center left party arise to replace the GOP.

Peggy Noonan wrote a great book about Ronald Reagan titled 'When Character was King'.  Maybe a bit over the top, but Reagan was the type of guy that normally saw the best in people.  I think Uncle Joe is the same way and can be the same type of elder President who sees people as people.

21 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

The bold - the tyranny of expectations.    Someone said that "Stress is the gap between our expectations and our realities."   I'm sure there will be high expectations  placed on Biden.  My expectation is for him to return us to some sense of normalcy - where we think the president is a  dirty rotten scoundrel because of his party and not because of who he is:D  Actually, I hope and believe Biden can return us to a more civil discussion of the important issues facing us. Where opinions are respected and where skin color, ethnic background or religion don't matter.  If he can get the conversation changed and the tone changed that will be a huge accomplishment in itself- in what could be a transitional but also transformational presidency.  Warren or Harris or other vp, whichever one replaces him in 4 years or sooner, can drive the policy changes.  Putting aside my own personal preferred policy agenda, for the good of the country the GOP needs to be trashed during this election to remove any and all stains of president Trump.  Let a new GOP party arise with new leaders or a new  center right, center left party arise to replace the GOP.

Peggy Noonan wrote a great book about Ronald Reagan titled 'When Character was King'.  Maybe a bit over the top, but Reagan was the type of guy that normally saw the best in people.  I think Uncle Joe is the same way and can be the same type of elder President who sees people as people.

I expect him to return us to status quo, hopefully getting rid of Trump's executive orders especially on the environment, and hopefully the Democrats will pass some laws to prevent other s#!tty executive orders to do the same things again.

But Biden is too anti marijuana to push towards legalizing it, which is stupid.
He doesn't support the health care policies he should, imo.
He might be too scared to raise taxes on the wealthy/corporations to pre-Trump numbers.

I just don't expect him to do anything great even though he'll have the opportunity of the Democrats win the Senate.

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, knapplc said:

Well, that's weird!  Why would a subreddit dedicated to Trump be a bastion of hate?

Silicon Valley is united to destroy President Trump and will suppress free speech to do it.  You notice they never ban progressive pro-Left speech even though that is many time more hateful than that on the Right.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

10 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Silicon Valley is united to destroy President Trump and will suppress free speech to do it.  You notice they never ban progressive pro-Left speech even though that is many time more hateful than that on the Right.

Well....there goes that narrative. 

7 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

That's works. 

For limited minds who think good and bad are what the government says.  But free people know should know better.  A powerful man can censor the less powerful with or without a government paycheck. 

Sounds like you don’t trust the markets to monitor themselves...

You’re starting to sound like a leftist ;)

• Plus1 1

10 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

That's works. 

For limited minds who think good and bad are what the government says.  But free people know should know better.  A powerful man can censor the less powerful with or without a government paycheck. 

Welcome to the free market where the powerful can do whatever they want. But I agree that free people should know better.