The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

16 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Serious question. What is he supposed to "do" about it. What have the other coalition forces leaders "done" about it, since they were included also...?

To start, stop having phone sex with Putin and talking about what a great guy he is once he knew.

The other coalition leaders don’t grovel before Putin the way Trump does.

Also, they are much smaller and weaker than we are. They’re going to put up with s#!ttier things because they have to. We don’t. And under a normal president we likely would have spoken out against it and done sanctions at the least, and had those other coalition members’ backs. They cannot rely on us to have their backs while Trump is president because he’s made it clear he doesn’t. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

To start, stop having phone sex with Putin and talking about what a great guy he is once he knew.

The other coalition leaders don’t grovel before Putin the way Trump does.

Also, they are much smaller and weaker than we are. They’re going to put up with s#!ttier things because they have to. We don’t. And under a normal president we likely would have spoken out against it and done sanctions at the least, and had those other coalition members’ backs. They cannot rely on us to have their backs while Trump is president because he’s made it clear he doesn’t. 

Thanks Morraine, I agree on the foibles of Trump. But, again, what should he/they do (action).

2 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Thanks Morraine, I agree on the foibles of Trump. But, again, what should he/they do (action).

He responded about as badly as he could by continuing to treat Putin as a buddy, so the answer is pretty much any option is better than what actually happened. 

First Russia needed to be strongly condemned privately and publicly when he found out this was happening, second I think it is a call for sanctions. Paying people to kill Americans? Ya. You have to f#&%ing react to that seriously. 

9 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Awseome thanks! I too agree on some sort of public declaration and sanctions. And then I think somehow need to take out a couple of the Taliban Russian"advisors" with a drone strike...

But I doubt he responds at all.

Ya, we could maybe consider it an act of war and respond with our military. Do something to their troops in Syria or on the Ukrainian border like Iran did to us when we killed their general. Or maybe that would be idiotic and start WWIII. That's what the tougher decisions are.

The things I mentioned are the easy part which he failed to do. 

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

Serious question. What is he supposed to "do" about it. What have the other coalition forces leaders "done" about it, since they were included also...?

I think another thing that is to consider not trying to get Russia back involved in a G7 summit. Inviting a country who actively was proxy killing your soldiers to come visit and meet with allies seems willfully ignorant at best, treasonous at worst.

• Plus1 3
12 minutes ago, Mike Mcdee said:

I think another thing that is to consider not trying to get Russia back involved in a G7 summit. Inviting a country who actively was proxy killing your soldiers to come visit and meet with allies seems willfully ignorant at best, treasonous at worst.

Good take Mike!

1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

Huge, HUGE economic sanctions against Russia. Target Putin and his oligarch buddies. Obama did this, but Trump largely rolled that back. Focus on their personal pocketbook. Obama did this with Kim, but of course Trump is besotted with the "big, beautiful" letters Kim sent him so that stopped.

Find out where Putin & the oligarchs bank. Find out where they're trying to expand their influence. Find out where they're hoping to increase Russia's presence on the world stage. Target those things. Hit them where it hurts. Hard.

Stop, IMMEDIATELY, the phone sex calls where he fawns over Putin. Stop planning on including Russia in the G7(G8), stop planning on working WITH RUSSIA on some laughable cyber security thing. That's just Putin using Trump to gain access to Americans via the internet. Except Trump is too narcissistic to understand that he's being used.

Denounce, publicly, on camera, in front of the world, Russia, Putin, and all the s#!t he's done. Reagan did that, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II and Obama did that. Reagan said, famously, looking dead into the camera, "Mr. Gorbachev, TEAR DOWN THIS WALL." 

A few years later, down the wall came. Reagan was tough as nails on the USSR. Brought about the fall of the Eastern Bloc and stopped Soviet tyrrany for a decade. Then Putin came in, found a useful idiot in Trump, and has his puppet in the White House while former KGB star Putin runs circles around America.

This is foreign policy 101 for America. 

What is Trump supposed to "do" about it?  EFFING LISTEN TO HIS NATIONAL SECURITY TEAM instead of having private love chats with Putin with no witnesses.

Basically, do exactly the opposite of what Trump's done.  Except Trump is in love with powerful men like Putin, so he can't. All he can do is try to preen in front of them.

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Huge, HUGE economic sanctions against Russia. Target Putin and his oligarch buddies. Obama did this, but Trump largely rolled that back. Focus on their personal pocketbook. Obama did this with Kim, but of course Trump is besotted with the "big, beautiful" letters Kim sent him so that stopped.

Find out where Putin & the oligarchs bank. Find out where they're trying to expand their influence. Find out where they're hoping to increase Russia's presence on the world stage. Target those things. Hit them where it hurts. Hard.

Stop, IMMEDIATELY, the phone sex calls where he fawns over Putin. Stop planning on including Russia in the G7(G8), stop planning on working WITH RUSSIA on some laughable cyber security thing. That's just Putin using Trump to gain access to Americans via the internet. Except Trump is too narcissistic to understand that he's being used.

Denounce, publicly, on camera, in front of the world, Russia, Putin, and all the s#!t he's done. Reagan did that, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II and Obama did that. Reagan said, famously, looking dead into the camera, "Mr. Gorbachev, TEAR DOWN THIS WALL." 

A few years later, down the wall came. Reagan was tough as nails on the USSR. Brought about the fall of the Eastern Bloc and stopped Soviet tyrrany for a decade. Then Putin came in, found a useful idiot in Trump, and has his puppet in the White House while former KGB star Putin runs circles around America.

This is foreign policy 101 for America. 

What is Trump supposed to "do" about it?  EFFING LISTEN TO HIS NATIONAL SECURITY TEAM instead of having private love chats with Putin with no witnesses.

Basically, do exactly the opposite of what Trump's done.  Except Trump is in love with powerful men like Putin, so he can't. All he can do is try to preen in front of them.

A very comprehensive reply! Thanks Knapp.

6 hours ago, funhusker said:

Those “urban street people” committing violence are most likely “entrepreneurs” that are disgusted by governmental regulations that are detrimental to how they conduct business.  They also tend to be avid gun owners.

Sounds like a conservative group to me :dunno

say what?

On 1/7/2020 at 1:58 PM, TGHusker said:

More on this.    Pretty amazing how Trump takes action and so quickly Russia is ready to assist Iraq (against the USA -  how ironic is that). Almost like there was a puppet in the WH doing the the bidding of Putin in making Russia the primary force in the MidEast. 

Go figure  - maybe just a coincidence  :dunno 

On 11/4/2019 at 12:19 PM, QMany said:

Mueller Report, Volume II

Interestingly enough, Trump was aware of this (from Russia) before the Steele Dossier was released.

Why would a tape be released when Trump continues to be Putin's puppet?

On 10/19/2019 at 8:48 PM, knapplc said:

If Hillary runs as a 3rd party candidate, The Putin Puppet wins again.

6 hours ago, knapplc said:

Any comment on the Russian bounties on our soldiers that Trump ignored? Hello?

dQW9DkT.gif

I'm curious why Putin is attacking his own puppet and trying to make sure he loses reelection.  I don't understand how you flip the switch after nearly 4 years of saying that Putin and Trump are buddies and now say Putin is trying to start a war.

17 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I'm curious why Putin is attacking his own puppet and trying to make sure he loses reelection.  I don't understand how you flip the switch after nearly 4 years of saying that Putin and Trump are buddies and now say Putin is trying to start a war.

...but apparently not at all curious why Trump hasn't hit back at Russia for putting bounties on American troops? What a weird response.

And here I thought Trumpists would be enraged over the murder of our soldiers. Yet... here we are.

What should a president do when presented with this kind of info from our intelligence services? What would a person who loves the troops do to keep them safe and teach the Putins of the world that you can't target American soldiers like this?

• Plus1 3