The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

3 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

If the pee tape came out, there'd be a bunch of memes and laughing, but it'd have little to no affect on the election.

And, you don't agree that people would see the connection between the blackmail and Trump making decisions that have cost American lives.

And...if you do, you still don't think anyone would care.

21 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

And, you don't agree that people would see the connection between the blackmail and Trump making decisions that have cost American lives.

And...if you do, you still don't think anyone would care.

That's a good point. But I think the people either already see that connection and care or they don't, and a pee tape wouldn't change many if any minds.

24 minutes ago, knapplc said:

No, because people who don't care don't count in a discussion of people who do care. If anyone cares, the premise is shot.

Wat?

• Plus1 1

Carville is adding his voice that he believes Trump will drop out.  He also sees the Turtle and others like Sen Lindsey Graham abandoning Trump after labor day - but it won't save the senate for the GOP.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/james-carville-says-significant-chance-trump-drops-out-of-race-predicts-mcconnell-will-turn-on-him/

Fully half of the people in this poll say they will not support Trump

https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-institute/reports/monmouthpoll_us_070220/

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

That's a good point. But I think the people either already see that connection and care or they don't, and a pee tape wouldn't change many if any minds.

Amazingly, there are actually still some people who haven't made up their mind.  Also, IF they exist and IF he's being blackmailed, I personally feel it is very important for the country that it's known.  It still would never change the minds of people like @Notre Dame Joe.  But, at least the information would be out there for people to know.

17 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Trump thinks Putin is his buddy. No one has ever claimed the reverse. No one is doing what you're claiming. Anyone with a brain the past 4 years has assumed Putin is using Trump to accomplish Russia's goals. I doubt Putin thought he was going to get caught doing this particular thing. Give our Intelligence community a little credit for finding out. I'm actually surprised Putin hasn't invaded more of Ukraine or the other former Soviet countries, because he knows Trump will lay down for him like a good dog. Maybe that's his plan for the 2nd term. Everything Trump says/does with regards to Russia is a signal that the U.S. will not help those countries.

And just how do you know what para-military measures are or are not being planned and executed in response to some form of intelligence rumor?  This is like how some political hacks blamed Bush for Bin Laden's safety; when the raid was already being secretly rehearsed before Bush left office. 

• Fire 1