The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

8 minutes ago, commando said:

Did you notice that every day there's a new devastating ad showing how horrible Trump is, and almost all of them are just clips of him talking?

You could say that they are taking him out of context. But they're not.

When you put Trump in context --- who he talking to, what just happened that morning, his history of similar or totally contradictory comments -- Trump actually looks worse. 

Again, the Dems totally botched the Impeachment. Give some video editors an afternoon to compile and arrange Trump clips and you'd have a locktight case that the man is uniquely unqualified to be President.

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

You could say that they are taking him out of context. But they're not.

When you put Trump in context --- who he talking to, what just happened that morning, his history of similar or totally contradictory comments -- Trump actually looks worse. 

Again, the Dems totally botched the Impeachment. Give some video editors an afternoon to compile and arrange Trump clips and you'd have a locktight case that the man is uniquely unqualified to be President.

i blame moscow mitch and the complicate republicans more then i blame the dems for botching the impeachment;   there was simply nothing the dems could have presented that would have forced them to impeach the chosen one

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, commando said:

i blame moscow mitch and the complicate republicans more then i blame the dems for botching the impeachment;   there was simply nothing the dems could have presented that would have forced them to impeach the chosen one

I wouldn’t have said anything but it’s the 2nd time :p

It’s “complicit”

The Republican leadership is simple not complicated. 

Just now, Moiraine said:

I wouldn’t have said anything but it’s the 2nd time :p

It’s “complicit”

The Republicans are simple not complicated. 

never to old to learn.  unfortunately  i might be to old to remember this spelling lesson.  :)

• Fire 1

43 minutes ago, commando said:

Did you notice that every day there's a new devastating ad showing how horrible Trump is, and almost all of them are just clips of him talking?

This is what I've never understood.  When I talk with certain friends or family, they insist that I'm being brainwashed by the MSM and I'm hearing his words out of context.  They can't defend him when I respond with the fact that I don't have cable and don't watch the talking head shows; the sources I use to form my opinions of Trump come directly from his Twitter feed and his speeches/interviews.  I've actually shared transcripts with them only to have them claim its "fake" or "doctored".  Then i follow with the video...

Sometimes I wonder if they've ever taken the time to actually listen to him talk/type.  Or if they are the ones forming opinions from "talking heads" that translate Trumps drivel into words they want to hear.

I try to explain both perspectives when talking about political issues with my kids.  They seem to always have a lot of questions regarding government (they are 10, going on 11). I try explain the pros and cons of conservative and liberal arguments and let them decided.  But I don't hide the fact Trump is a clown and they should not feel bad calling him an idiot in front of teachers or friends.  Because he is.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, commando said:

Likewise the Biden is Senile case is made completely of rare clips of Biden.  He struggles to form the scripted and focus grouped sound bytes they lay in front of him.   But fwiw I don't think he's actually senile, you have to have a fastball to lose it. 

On 7/4/2020 at 7:01 AM, teachercd said:

I don't have odds on Biden...Just -180 that Trump will not win.

I think the election will be close. Biden will probably be leading by +6 nationally, which means that Trump will be within polling margin of errors in key swing states.

Add in limited in person voting and Republican states fighting mail-in-voting as much as possible, this election will be an absolute dog fight.

34 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I think the election will be close. Biden will probably be leading by +6 nationally, which means that Trump will be within polling margin of errors in key swing states.

Add in limited in person voting and Republican states fighting mail-in-voting as much as possible, this election will be an absolute dog fight.

-160 on reelection now.  

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Now that's flattening the curve :snacks:

edit: sorry if already posted but this week is pivotal.  If Trump cannot get above 33% to win after all the July 4th hoopalah then his chances are nearly 0.

You think his speech at Mount Rushmore brings people together to vote for him?

I think it's probably a case of the GOP media ecosystem being drastically different from the rest of the media. If you spend most of your time in the former, I'm sure you probably think more and more Americans are watching horrified as statues continue falling and Tucker Carlson uses more footage of cities burning misleadingly and are getting pushed into Trump's camp as a result.

If you don't spend time in the GOP media bubble, you probably don't feel that way because you don't think the nation is devolving into a state of lawless anarchy.

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, QMany said:

The less chaos part is important.

The termed it "a more diplomatic approach to domestic/foreign policy" but what they meant was Trump has completely lost control of the machine. In particular, a healthy economy requires fully grappling with COVID-19. The economy can never fully rebound if we aren't doing everything we can to contain and mitigate the virus. 

Trump isn't capable of doing that.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1