The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

20 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

I think the most important attribute Trump has as a leader is his brashness.  In the age of PC and cancel culture I like a leader that speaks his mind.  The most troubling trend lately is the left's shouting down of dissenting opinions.  

okie dokie then...

Just for the record I think honesty, courage, empathy, humility, and integrity are values to strive for in leadership.

• Plus1 3

30 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

I think the most important attribute Trump has as a leader is his brashness.  In the age of PC and cancel culture I like a leader that speaks his mind.  The most troubling trend lately is the left's shouting down of dissenting opinions.  

so.....you disagree with trump here?

26 minutes ago, commando said:

so.....you disagree with trump here?

Wow!  Long overdue that someone in government has spoken up about this.  It is a big problem which has led to the issue I've described.  Free speech on campus has essentially disappeared.  Look at Eric Weinstein at Evergreen State College.  Rather than stand up to the mob, the school president caved.  Also,  the president had an agenda to make the school more woke.  Although Weinstein testified before congress, I never heard of anything being done to address the hard left radicalization of colleges as cancel culture cultivators.  Weinstein predicted such behavior would spill out onto the streets which we are seeing with the riots.  The mob is radicalized but not very educated based on the choice of statues they pulled down which is what Trump is saying. This is clearly a shot across the bow of college presidents.  Obviously Trump will have a difficult time getting this through but I applaud him for getting the issue out there and people will discuss the problem.  It's similar to the reparations bill which I find to be absolutely preposterous.  I support it being brought up though because through discussion other people will understand how preposterous it is too.

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Wow!  Long overdue that someone in government has spoken up about this.  It is a big problem which has led to the issue I've described.  Free speech on campus has essentially disappeared.  Look at Eric Weinstein at Evergreen State College.  Rather than stand up to the mob, the school president caved.  Also,  the president had an agenda to make the school more woke.  Although Weinstein testified before congress, I never heard of anything being done to address the hard left radicalization of colleges as cancel culture cultivators.  Weinstein predicted such behavior would spill out onto the streets which we are seeing with the riots.  The mob is radicalized but not very educated based on the choice of statues they pulled down which is what Trump is saying. This is clearly a shot across the bow of college presidents.  Obviously Trump will have a difficult time getting this through but I applaud him for getting the issue out there and people will discuss the problem.  It's similar to the reparations bill which I find to be absolutely preposterous.  I support it being brought up though because through discussion other people will understand how preposterous it is too.

I suppose at the college level you have some really crazy left people and a lot of professors lean that way but I do wonder how legit it is, I think it is often times just the lesser of two evils.  

If I was a prof (and had that sweet sweet gig), I would pretty much sway whichever way made my life easy.  I would also have insane office hours that pretty much would guarantee no students could ever come see me.

Just now, teachercd said:

I suppose at the college level you have some really crazy left people and a lot of professors lean that way but I do wonder how legit it is, I think it is often times just the lesser of two evils.  

If I was a prof (and had that sweet sweet gig), I would pretty much sway whichever way made my life easy.  I would also have insane office hours that pretty much would guarantee no students could ever come see me.

The cancel culture is a real problem.  Look at that economics professor at UCLA that followed school policy which was that students weren't allowed to skip exams because of the Floyd protests.  He was almost fired when he told a student he had to take the exam.  Maybe he was fired, I didn't hear how it turned out.  College presidents are shockingly spineless when it comes to the mob which are formed by people on the left.

BS, you'd have open office hours to lure in the coeds.

There are some concerns in your field too.  Apparently a lot of Antifa people go into education to indoctrinate high schoolers.  I've seen a couple of Antifa thugs arrested for the riots were teachers and I know that young conservative Venzualan was lured into Antifa by his high school teacher.  He got out and now speaks out against communism and Antifa.

• Fire 1
2 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

The cancel culture is a real problem.  Look at that economics professor at UCLA that followed school policy which was that students weren't allowed to skip exams because of the Floyd protests.  He was almost fired when he told a student he had to take the exam.  Maybe he was fired, I didn't hear how it turned out.  College presidents are shockingly spineless when it comes to the mob which are formed by people on the left.

BS, you'd have open office hours to lure in the coeds.

There are some concerns in your field too.  Apparently a lot of Antifa people go into education to indoctrinate high schoolers.  I've seen a couple of Antifa thugs arrested for the riots were teachers and I know that young conservative Venzualan was lured into Antifa by his high school teacher.  He got out and now speaks out against communism and Antifa.

Ha...Okay, i might have open office hours!  

Profs are spineless because getting that gig is a pain in the a$$...but the payoff once you are part of the club is awesome.  Work 15 hours a week, 5 hours a week of office hours...

Just now, teachercd said:

Ha...Okay, i might have open office hours!  

Profs are spineless because getting that gig is a pain in the a$$...but the payoff once you are part of the club is awesome.  Work 15 hours a week, 5 hours a week of office hours...

If you don't do research which is how these guys make the big $.  Especially if you get federal funds from US and China at the same time :cop:

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Which is jack s#!t other than tear our country apart and make us the laughing stock of the developed world.  And....doing it all while constantly lying to the American people and doing everything he can to benefit himself.

Are you seriously blame bad orange man for the riots?  These are woke leftists communists throwing a temper tantrum which are being allowed by Democrats.  How is Trump benefiting?  Dude isn't even taking a salary.  Trump isn't flying his son to China to pick up a $1.5B check. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

wait...you think trump has a mind?   it's mushier than bidens mind.  trump even tweeted that his doctors were amazed that he passed a cognitive test.  i repeat....he said that they were amazed that he passed the test.  think about that for a minute.   1.   they thought he needed the test.  and 2.  they were amazed he passed.   lol.

2 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

so you would be happy if trump were to violate the 1st amendment.  thanks for pointing that out.