The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

3 minutes ago, commando said:

so you would be happy if trump were to violate the 1st amendment.  thanks for pointing that out.

I would be happy if Trump could restore free speech on campuses without being threatened of dismissal or firing unless you follow the left mantra.  Meanwhile in Ny, DeBlasio is preventing all protests except BLM protests.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

9 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Utterly unreal someone could watch the past 3.5 years of failed foreign policy destroying our standing in the world and find a way to be worried the serious, sober people Biden will surround himself and the man himself could find a way to do worse.

Oh please.  Obama-Biden had 8 years and didn't have a foreign policy success. They certainly didn't go to bat for American industry but instead cow-towed to China.  At least the Bidens had capitalist motives.

10 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

A task force recommending something doesn't mean Biden automatically adopts it. That said, hell yeah it should be less complicated to become a citizen. It shouldn't take years and thousands of dollars.

There are a lot of moderate Dems who support climate policies a lot different from the Sanders-AOC wing of the party. Plenty of ways to skin a cat.

Boo Keystone and pipelines in general. The cost-benefit never made sense to me. Paying non-American companies to create a handful of temporary jobs so they can pump their profits across our land (and in many cases, Native Americans'), worsen climate change and do a subpar job whenever a leak happens. Pass.

you make a big fuss that the builders are non American owned. So globalism is dead?  I don't see why the nationality matters unless there are security issues.  If you really cared about the environment you would want the oil moved in the most efficient manner possible. 

• Plus1 2

20 minutes ago, commando said:

tell me how many is enough to raise your concern?

That's a difficult thing to answer.  I've seen CFRs of 5% but with some antibody tests indicating a much higher number of infections dropping the CFR all the way down to 0.05% which is normal flu territory.  Some areas of New york may have 68% infected so herd immunity may be achieved so perhaps fewer more deaths in Ny, NJ and Massachusetts which account for 43% of the country's deaths.  It's summer which tends to reduce the spread of the virus and therefore reduce the initial viral load which will lower deaths.  Same logic with masks which are now being touted.  HCQ+ Zn has shown to reduce deaths by half and if used earlier should reduce deaths even more.  FDA needs to issue EUA for HCQ, again.  Remdesivir is also showing promise by reducing deaths 68% for more seriously ill patients.  Pfizer has a vaccine that shows promise and could be available by end of year.  Pandemics do what pandemics do but we now have some tools to help.  So short answer, I'd be surprised if we have another 30K deaths. 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Oh please.  Obama-Biden had 8 years and didn't have a foreign policy success. They certainly didn't go to bat for American industry but instead cow-towed to China.  At least the Bidens had capitalist motives.

you make a big fuss that the builders are non American owned. So globalism is dead?  I don't see why the nationality matters unless there are security issues.  If you really cared about the environment you would want the oil moved in the most efficient manner possible. 

So you've distilled the choices down to a failed Trump foreign and domestic agenda or the potential of a Biden one. Give me option B.

It matters if we're not deriving long-term economic benefit from the project, which is supposed to be a big deal in Trump circles. I also don't support continued obstinate reliance on fossil fuels. So why in the world would I be really excited for another pipeline?

10 hours ago, admo said:

So clearly not an Obama fan/supporter.  It makes sense.

when was obama ordered to close and pay fines for running a corrupt university?

when was obama and his father ordered to stop blocking black renters into  their rentals?

when was obama ordered to take classes to learn how not to steal funds from his charities for his personal use like the trumps have?

who wasn't afraid to show his tax returns?    (hint....it's not the current president)

who has something like 30 sexual assualt complaints against them?

i was not an obama fan....but damn son....compare the actual court records between the 2.   

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, QMany said:

i believe Mitt might be the only republican i can still support.   as a lifelong republican this tears me up.   to see them all cower when a criminal president arrives in the office has been quite the eye opener for me.  

• Plus1 5