The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

48 minutes ago, commando said:

i believe Mitt might be the only republican i can still support.   as a lifelong republican this tears me up.   to see them all cower when a criminal president arrives in the office has been quite the eye opener for me.  

I'm not a Republican, but before Trump I had very few ill feeling towards the party.  Agree with you on Romney.  He is literally the only GOP congress member with big enough cajones to stand up against Trump.  And his party tried to tear him apart for it.  The Republican Party just makes me sick right now.  It's why I'm voting Blue across the board.  All those spineless a$$h@!es need to be flushed out along with that big Orange Turd.

• Plus1 5

1 hour ago, 4skers89 said:

Glad to see the President exhibiting empathy.

The irony is so thick it makes me wonder if people realize how stupid they actually sound.

A President who demands a person who hasn't been convicted, tried, or even charged with a crime be "locked up!", but insists on a person found guilty be freed because "he's a nice guy" isn't empathetic.  Trump is the person making our justice system political.  There is no way to explain this away and people who cheer this "decision" are s#!tty Americans.

• Plus1 5

16 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

I've seen CFRs of 5% but with some antibody tests indicating a much higher number of infections dropping the CFR all the way down to 0.05% which is normal flu territory.  

137,000+ Americans have died from coronavirus in about 5 months since the first death in Feb (about 27,400 deaths per month). Normal flu territory is 12,000-60,000 per year (about 1000-5000 deaths per month). You don't have to try to estimate the CFR to see they aren't even remotely close.

16 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

So short answer, I'd be surprised if we have another 30K deaths. 

By what date? I hope you're right, but I unfortunately think we'll easily double that and break 200,000 deaths by the end of the year.

• Plus1 2

I can't even find the energy for this anymore. It's just depressing.

How do we fix it?

I'm afraid the ways to fix it will never happen. One would be to not let an entertainment channel have the word "news" in its title, rather than simply require them to have entertainment in their title. Then there also need to be repercussions for lying.

Having more education on government in schools would be another one but there are so many partisan idiots now it would never be agreed upon what would be taught.

I hope that time will have some effect but I fear they will manage to reach a new generation.

• Plus1 1

21 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

So you've distilled the choices down to a failed Trump foreign and domestic agenda or the potential of a Biden one. Give me option B.

It matters if we're not deriving long-term economic benefit from the project, which is supposed to be a big deal in Trump circles. I also don't support continued obstinate reliance on fossil fuels. So why in the world would I be really excited for another pipeline?

Trump's foreign policy hasn't failed so your premise is wrong.  He's actually won the argument because Biden is not campaigning on globalism and outsourcing.  At least he's not boasting that that is what his AOC policies would engdenger. 

10 hours ago, commando said:

when was obama ordered to close and pay fines for running a corrupt university?

when was obama and his father ordered to stop blocking black renters into  their rentals?

when was obama ordered to take classes to learn how not to steal funds from his charities for his personal use like the trumps have?

who wasn't afraid to show his tax returns?    (hint....it's not the current president)

who has something like 30 sexual assualt complaints against them?

i was not an obama fan....but damn son....compare the actual court records between the 2.   

Obama never ran a business and didn't invite anyone who had into his government.  

There are Court records of Obama's 15 minutes of experience as a trial lawyer.  They involve Obama's firm suing a bank because it didn't make enough high risk loans to minority borrowers.  Pre-2008 that was considered the real problem. 

• Fire 1
16 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Trump's foreign policy hasn't failed so your premise is wrong.  He's actually won the argument because Biden is not campaigning on globalism and outsourcing.  At least he's not boasting that that is what his AOC policies would engdenger. 

Obama never ran a business and didn't invite anyone who had into his government.  

There are Court records of Obama's 15 minutes of experience as a trial lawyer.  They involve Obama's firm suing a bank because it didn't make enough high risk loans to minority borrowers.  Pre-2008 that was considered the real problem. 

bankrupting a business is 1 thing...bankrupting the United States is another.   and trump has done both.    MAGA!