The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

1 minute ago, 4skers89 said:

I tried but his explanations tend to be rambling, incoherent...you know, the thing.  If Biden wasn't a blow with the wind politician that never had an original thought, and had strong convictions I would listen to what Biden says.  He is not and I don't believe he has the ability to fend off the far left.

Try putting the same effort of understanding Biden as you do Trump.  Surely, if you can make sense of what comes out of the President, you can decipher his opponent.

• Plus1 3

I'm too much of a critical thinker to be anything but a conservative and could never pull off the left's double think.  Listen to what  y'all are saying:

Defund the police doesn't mean defund the police

Taking away guns doesn't mean taking away guns

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Try putting the same effort of understanding Biden as you do Trump.  Surely, if you can make sense of what comes out of the President, you can decipher his opponent.

It's confusing to me because words have meaning.  Trump has largely been Promises made, Promises kept.  When Biden says something, I take it that he means it. 

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Go away, batin!

9 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Well, that is what defund means...but for some reason they still won't change the wording.

#YouAreUsingTheWrongWord

7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

It still boggles my mind that these morons are soooooooo dug into the hole that they just won't change the word.  

Words have meanings and they are using it wrong and it literally confuses people because they literally think they mean "NO MONEY FOR POLICE"

5 minutes ago, funhusker said:

It's stupid.  I've seen people say they say that word to start the conversation.  Well, your starting a really unnecessary, and most likely heated, conversation...

It's dumb.  

Yeah, how stupid of them to not know how politics and messaging works. Wait...

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

I'm too much of a critical thinker to be anything but a conservative and could never pull off the left's double think.  Listen to what  y'all are saying:

4 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

It's confusing to me because words have meaning.  Trump has largely been Promises made, Promises kept.  When Biden says something, I take it that he means it. 

Such critical thinking and promise keeping as:

Mexico will pay for the wall doesn't mean Mexico will pay for the wall

Drain the swamp doesn't mean drain the swamp

Covid will be gone in a month doesn't mean covid will be gone in a month

Ordering mass production of masks and PPE doesn't mean ordering mass production of masks and PPE

Migrant caravan will get us all doesn't mean migrant caravan will get us all

There are of course many more, but you get the idea.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Yeah, how stupid of them to not know how politics and messaging works. Wait...

Wait, you don't think 20% not understanding a simple message is a lot?

That is a staggering %.  Think if you ran a business and 20% of the people didn't understand your pitch.  You would be out of business.

Think in a classroom...20% of the class having no f#&%ing clue what is going.

20% of drivers not knowing Red, Green Yellow.

• Plus1 3
17 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

EuphoricNegativeKodiakbear-size_restrict

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, teachercd said:

Wait, you don't think 20% not understanding a simple message is a lot?

That is a staggering %.  Think if you ran a business and 20% of the people didn't understand your pitch.  You would be out of business.

Think in a classroom...20% of the class having no f#&%ing clue what is going.

20% of drivers not knowing Red, Green Yellow.

No, I don't think it's a big deal. Your classroom example is a good comparison. More than 20% of a class won't understand a concept immediately, but more and more will come to understand as they take time to look at it. The same is true for a slogan/messaging.

Just now, RedDenver said:

No, I don't think it's a big deal. Your classroom example is a good comparison. More than 20% of a class won't understand a concept immediately, but more and more will come to understand as they take time to look at it. The same is true for a slogan/messaging.

I agree, it is a great comparison.

Now think about this...think if by simply changing one word, the ENTIRE class could understand the concept immediately...and not still have 20% clueless about it, 2 months later.

All of a sudden, it is kind of a big deal.

• Plus1 3
Just now, teachercd said:

I agree, it is a great comparison.

Now think about this...think if by simply changing one word, the ENTIRE class could understand the concept immediately...and not still have 20% clueless about it, 2 months later.

All of a sudden, it is kind of a big deal.

Yes, and think about if using one word instead of another, they might have to learn what it means, but they then actually use the concept instead of immediately forgetting or never using it.

In this case, the slogan is a call for change, which is much different than simply making a statement since it requires that people not only hear the message but do something about it.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Yes, and think about if using one word instead of another, they might have to learn what it means, but they then actually use the concept instead of immediately forgetting or never using it.

In this case, the slogan is a call for change, which is much different than simply making a statement since it requires that people not only hear the message but do something about it.

Sure...but they are using the wrong word and it confuses people.  The confusion % should be 0...

Why not say "Icecream the Police" instead of "defund"...both don't mean what the actual message is.  

A marketers job is not to make the public do the learning...it is to make the public understand. 

Years ago, Infiniti (I think) did it's first car commercial...instead of showing the car they showed trees and rocks and water...everyone made fun of it, Leno even said something like "Their car sales are down 75% but the good news is...the sale of trees and rocks are up 90%"

• Plus1 1