The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

11 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Sure...but they are using the wrong word and it confuses people.  The confusion % should be 0...

Why not say "Icecream the Police" instead of "defund"...both don't mean what the actual message is.  

A marketers job is not to make the public do the learning...it is to make the public understand. 

Years ago, Infiniti (I think) did it's first car commercial...instead of showing the car they showed trees and rocks and water...everyone made fun of it, Leno even said something like "Their car sales are down 75% but the good news is...the sale of trees and rocks are up 90%"

I think you're getting really hung up on the definition of "defund" to strictly mean "remove all funding from". But just like the word "devalue" means to "reduce the value of", defund can also mean "reduce funding to".

Regardless, if you have a better slogan that means exactly what you want and can move people to both talk about the slogan and encourage them to take action, then by all means let us know. I didn't like "defund the police" initially either, but I can't come up with anything better. "Reform the police" has been around for decades and clearly doesn't work, so I'm not sure what the slogan could be.

38 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Of course Biden doesn't work for us, he's taking millions to billions from rich people and corporation. You know, just like Trump and the Republicans. Plus Repubs are taking from gun manufacturers, so take maybe take their motives with a HUGE grain of salt.

That's probably the scariest thing about Biden.  For years we've watched multi-national companies shift jobs overseas to China with the explanation "Globalization is good, the market is just being efficient and those factory workers can now do more technical jobs".  Next came high tech jobs as multi-nationals required their engineers to train their Chinese replacements.  Along comes Trump and he starts talking about the dangers of China.  Trump wasn't elected by a bunch of racist deplorables, he was elected because of one word- China.  These multi-national American companies don't give a damn about American people.  If Trump was controlled by corporations why would he be tough on China?  It's the exact opposite, the multi-nationals still want the fools gold that is the China market and need Trump out of the way.  I don't want the tax returns of a billionaire that decided to become a public servant.  I want the tax returns of public servants that have become millionaires while in office.  Why are Democrats so quiet on China?  

• Fire 1
7 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I think you're getting really hung up on the definition of "defund" to strictly mean "remove all funding from". But just like the word "devalue" means to "reduce the value of", defund can also mean "reduce funding to".

Regardless, if you have a better slogan that means exactly what you want and can move people to both talk about the slogan and encourage them to take action, then by all means let us know. I didn't like "defund the police" initially either, but I can't come up with anything better. "Reform the police" has been around for decades and clearly doesn't work, so I'm not sure what the slogan could be.

Nah, I am hung up on poor marketing and then crying (not you) when people don't "get it".

And I will happily come up with something better...is someone going to pay me for my time?  I get stuck with enough voluntold jobs.

1 hour ago, 4skers89 said:

These multi-national American companies don't give a damn about American people.

1 hour ago, 4skers89 said:

It's the exact opposite, the multi-nationals still want the fools gold that is the China market

Boy do I have some news to share with you about how Trump makes money.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

That's probably the scariest thing about Biden.  For years we've watched multi-national companies shift jobs overseas to China with the explanation "Globalization is good, the market is just being efficient and those factory workers can now do more technical jobs".  Next came high tech jobs as multi-nationals required their engineers to train their Chinese replacements.  Along comes Trump and he starts talking about the dangers of China.  Trump wasn't elected by a bunch of racist deplorables, he was elected because of one word- China.  These multi-national American companies don't give a damn about American people.  If Trump was controlled by corporations why would he be tough on China?  It's the exact opposite, the multi-nationals still want the fools gold that is the China market and need Trump out of the way.  I don't want the tax returns of a billionaire that decided to become a public servant.  I want the tax returns of public servants that have become millionaires while in office.  Why are Democrats so quiet on China?  

Trump isn't tough on China. Come on, all he's doing is leveraging the US economy to get more trademarks for Ivanka, and Hotel deals for him. This was never about the American worker for him. How does anyone still believe that???

• Plus1 7

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Yep. Democrats aren't the good option - they're just the least bad option right now.

And, just because we have totally incompetent leadership on the other side lead by the biggest piece of crap politician in my lifetime, doesn't mean we need to agree to every idea the Dems come up with.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, commando said:

can't select supreme court justices in the year before an election.   at least that is what we have been told.

Even Kavanaugh broke against Trump in the Taxes ruling. That means Trump would have to pick someone he was sure to side with him. Say hello to Supreme Court Justice Rudy Giuliani. I wish that was outside the realm of possibility but it was reported he already considered him for the previous openings.