The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

I’m sure there was some of that, but that doesn’t excuse the Dems of putting up the worst candidate they possibly could have and that lead directly to the worst president in recorded history.  

Honestly, is there anyone else Trump could have beaten in 2016? 

4 minutes ago, QMany said:

Don’t forget to sprinkle in a little misogony too. 

Obviously there's some of that to take into account, but I really think her personality is what turned most people off. 

• Plus1 1
52 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

One of the most amazing things to me is how effective Right wing media has been in convincing so many Americans that all the media and people in education are all some weird form of a left wing conspiracy to brain wash us all. 

So, the result is these people demonizing education and rushing to believe only obscure “media” outlets on line that just so happen to fall into their belief realm. 

Ehhhh, maybe at the college level you get more of the left wingers but K-12, most teachers don't give a f#&%.  Crazy parents are the ones that stick their nose in and make things an issue on either side.  Honestly, most K-12 teachers just want to get from one class to the next and then go coach or go home.  

Tenured Profs have it made and can say what they want/do what they want.  Most K-12 teachers, even the ones that care about politics, would rather not deal with it.

• Plus1 2

32 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Ehhhh, maybe at the college level you get more of the left wingers but K-12, most teachers don't give a f#&%.  Crazy parents are the ones that stick their nose in and make things an issue on either side.  Honestly, most K-12 teachers just want to get from one class to the next and then go coach or go home.  

Tenured Profs have it made and can say what they want/do what they want.  Most K-12 teachers, even the ones that care about politics, would rather not deal with it.

Completely agree.  When you get into a place like the University, there are going to be a very wide range of political beliefs within the staff.  I remember there being a few pretty liberal professors when I was there, but that was also balanced out by some pretty conservative ones too.  It's like conservatives have grown into a group that just can't handle being exposed to opposing view points so, they demonize the entire system.  In reality, this is a place where people should be exposed to various view points.

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

Tonight Lindsay Graham said there are some real criminal things that occurred so hopefully these bad deep state actors can be held accountable.

With Trump in office and a Republican-controlled Senate, why aren't these investigations the right wingnuts keep hinting at not happening? What are they waiting for?

The Democrats were able to try & convict multiple Trump associates. Why can't Trump do that for the "real" criminals? 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Completely agree.  When you get into a place like the University, there are going to be a very wide range of political beliefs within the staff.  I remember there being a few pretty liberal professors when I was there, but that was also balanced out by some pretty conservative ones too.  It's like conservatives have grown into a group that just can't handle being exposed to opposing view points so, they demonize the entire system.  In reality, this is a place where people should be exposed to various view points.

For sure...it is sort of weird how people that are that educated are so quick to not listen to others.

11 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/strzok-comey-obama-biden-flynn-case

https://www.theepochtimes.com/despite-stream-of-exculpatory-evidence-fbi-kept-pushing-flynn-investigation-documents-indicate_3420903.html

VDH explains it best how we got to this point, what the deep state is, how this whole thing is coming undone.  As he said the onion is being peeled.  Tonight Lindsay Graham said there are some real criminal things that occurred so hopefully these bad deep state actors can be held accountable.  VDH also explains what progressives are and how they are using identity politics, definitely worth watching.  If you like the constitution you probably shouldn't be a progressive.

Victor Davis Hanson is interesting because he actually is an intellectual with a clear understanding of history.

But he also uses his platform and ideological beliefs to mold Donald Trump into something he's not. Never was. Never will be. If you want to see how a good interviewer lets his subject reveal the uglier side of himself (while his editor fact-checks the bulls#!t) read this interview with VDH:

https://www.newyorker.com/news/q-and-a/the-classicist-who-sees-donald-trump-as-a-tragic-hero

• Thanks 1

We're also going to get a lot of China in the next few months for obvious reasons. 

Let's just make it clear up-front that no political party trusts China or refuses to challenge China. But both parties got us hugely indebted to China and our most avid Capitalists have been thrilled to work with the CCP when money is involved. And money is always involved. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Victor Davis Hanson is interesting because he actually is an intellectual with a clear understanding of history.

But he also uses his platform and ideological beliefs to mold Donald Trump into something he's not. Never was. Never will be. If you want to see how a good interviewer lets his subject reveal the uglier side of himself (while his editor fact-checks the bulls#!t) read this interview with VDH:

https://www.newyorker.com/news/q-and-a/the-classicist-who-sees-donald-trump-as-a-tragic-hero

Haha fact checkers, I know how those work.  Who's fact checking the fact checkers?

• Plus1 2