The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

Down in the polls, head roll.

https://apnews.com/44daa7d151f436b520d5f7c824142aa1

President Donald Trump shook up his campaign staff amid sinking poll numbers less than four months before the election, replacing campaign manager Brad Parscale with veteran GOP operative Bill Stepien.

“I am pleased to announce that Bill Stepien has been promoted to the role of Trump Campaign Manager,” Trump said Wednesday on Facebook. “Brad Parscale, who has been with me for a very long time and has led our tremendous digital and data strategies, will remain in that role, while being a Senior Advisor to the campaign.”

Trump and Parscale’s relationship had been increasingly strained, with the president annoyed by the publicity Parscale had garnered in the role. But the final straw appeared to be a Tulsa, Oklahoma, rally last month that drew an unexpectedly low crowd of about 6,200 people after Parscale had bragged that more than a million people had requested tickets. The president was furious.

14 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

In actual news Trump changes campaign manager.  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-replaces-campaign-manager-amid-sinking-poll-numbers/ar-BB16NJwG

I think it's good Trump is getting back into his 2016 stride, when the message was get the polls up or step aside.  The previous guy Pascale seemed to know a lot about computer data but was not ready for such a great task.

Wow. It's just that simple. Get the poll numbers up! Why hasn't anyone else thought of that?

Of course it's the campaign manager's fault. Or the media's. Or pollsters. Or the deep state. Or the Dumocrats. Or the swamp itself.

I swear you guys have zero self-awareness.

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’m sure there was some of that, but that doesn’t excuse the Dems of putting up the worst candidate they possibly could have and that lead directly to the worst president in recorded history.  

7 hours ago, knapplc said:

Honestly, is there anyone else Trump could have beaten in 2016? 

Obviously there's some of that to take into account, but I really think her personality is what turned most people off. 

That's the point Q was trying to make, though. Studies have shown time and again women have it harder in politics because they're perceived as vaguely unlikable and that involves varying degrees of subconscious misogyny. 

Clinton had higher unfavorability eventually than any other women and was uniquely susceptible to the GOP muck machine because she had several decades to stew in the attacks they levied at her.

Biden, OTOH, is showing the Teflon property Trump seemed to have in 2016. None of the attacks against him are sticking.

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

That's the point Q was trying to make, though. Studies have shown time and again women have it harder in politics because they're perceived as vaguely unlikable and that involves varying degrees of subconscious misogyny. 

Clinton had higher unfavorability eventually than any other women and was uniquely susceptible to the GOP muck machine because she had several decades to stew in the attacks they levied at her.

Biden, OTOH, is showing the Teflon property Trump seemed to have in 2016. None of the attacks against him are sticking.

OK...this is where I get frustrated in these conversations.  It's no different than when people didn't like Obama or his policies and the Dems tried to claim it's because of racism.  Sure, there's some of that.  But, I can still not like his policies without being racist. 

There are one hell of a lot of people who just flat out don't like Hillary and it has nothing to do with her being a woman.  Your second paragraph is probably a large part of that.  Sure, there's idiots that are never going to vote for a woman.  But, that's not the majority reason why she lost. She just simply was the worst candidate the Dems could have possibly put up....and we have all been paying for it since.

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’m sure there was some of that, but that doesn’t excuse the Dems of putting up the worst candidate they possibly could have and that lead directly to the worst president in recorded history.  

And now they're fielding a guy who has pretty obvious signs of dementia. The videos floating around of him not even being able to remember the second word in "America First" is hard to watch.

And I suspect this is why it feels like the Democrats aren't even fielding a candidate right now. We're T-minus four months until the vote!

If they push hard for not having televised debates "due to COVID," that will pretty much confirm it for me personally. 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, Undone said:

And now they're fielding a guy who has pretty obvious signs of dementia. The videos floating around of him not even being able to remember the second word in "America First" is hard to watch.

OK....just stop.  Have you seen the videos of Trump not even being able to give a teleprompter speech?

This line of idiotic propaganda is just embarrassing that you're even falling for it.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, Undone said:

And I suspect this is why it feels like the Democrats aren't even fielding a candidate right now. We're T-minus four months until the vote!

If they push hard for not having televised debates "due to COVID," that will pretty much confirm it for me personally. 

have you seen videos of dementia donnie floating around out there?

5 hours ago, knapplc said:

The Democrats were able to try & convict multiple Trump associates. Why can't Trump do that for the "real" criminals? 

Agreed - this is a logical take.

The Q'ers keep saying it'll happen right before the election, etc...time's ticking. 

Just now, Undone said:

Yep. I mean, they're both super old guys.

However, this does not in any way undermine my original point. 

Really???  You're saying that the Democrats are clearly putting up a guy who's suffering from dementia.....while ignoring the fact that a) they are cleverly cropped videos and...b) the guy has suffered from stuttering all his life and that's a symptom of that....and has nothing to do with his mental capacity.

But...you're falling for the propaganda like a fish begging for water.

• Fire 1
21 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

That's the point Q was trying to make, though. Studies have shown time and again women have it harder in politics because they're perceived as vaguely unlikable and that involves varying degrees of subconscious misogyny

I can guarantee you I have no misogynistic ill-will toward women in politics. Hillary is not representative of all women. She is a woman, but she is also her unique self. She owns that, and the fallout that comes with it. 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

OK....just stop.  Have you seen the videos of Trump not even being able to give a teleprompter speech?

This line of idiotic propaganda is just embarrassing that you're even falling for it.

I'm not embarrassed in the slightest. He's showing obvious signs of cognitive difficulties.

How about the videos of Joe inappropriate touching children in plain sight and those types of allegations against him from his past?

I'm not plugging Trump here. I'm making an observation on how difficult it apparently is to field a candidate these days. It's almost as if there aren't any good candidates to even field, one might even surmise.

• Plus1 1