The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

18 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

OK...this is where I get frustrated in these conversations.  It's no different than when people didn't like Obama or his policies and the Dems tried to claim it's because of racism.  Sure, there's some of that.  But, I can still not like his policies without being racist. 

There are one hell of a lot of people who just flat out don't like Hillary and it has nothing to do with her being a woman.  Your second paragraph is probably a large part of that.  Sure, there's idiots that are never going to vote for a woman.  But, that's not the majority reason why she lost. She just simply was the worst candidate the Dems could have possibly put up....and we have all been paying for it since.

I get where you're coming from but I disagree, in part. I think likability and gender for politicians are inherently linked. I don't know how strong the association is and obviously there are other factors at play but there's science that bears this stuff out.

I can't post any right now because my phone is at 2% battery in the car but I'll try to post some later.

12 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I can guarantee you I have no misogynistic ill-will toward women in politics. Hillary is not representative of all women. She is a woman, but she is also her unique self. She owns that, and the fallout that comes with it. 

Of course she does.

I'm not trying to accuse either of you of being sexist or misogynist or anything unsavory. 

I do think sex shapes our views of pols subtly at a societal level, generally subconsciously. 

10 minutes ago, Undone said:

I'm not embarrassed in the slightest. He's showing obvious signs of cognitive difficulties.

How about the videos of Joe inappropriate touching children in plain sight and those types of allegations against him from his past?

I'm not plugging Trump here. I'm making an observation on how difficult it apparently is to field a candidate these days. It's almost as if there aren't any good candidates to even field, one might even surmise.

I would like better than these too also.  But....the right has done some very creative editing of interviews...etc. to make it look like Biden is losing his mind.  When you see the clip not out of context, it's no where like what they are claiming.

And....from your posts....you're falling for their propaganda.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

I get where you're coming from but I disagree, in part. I think likability and gender for politicians are inherently linked. I don't know how strong the association is and obviously there are other factors at play but there's science that bears this stuff out.

I can't post any right now because my phone is at 2% battery in the car but I'll try to post some later.

So, now no woman can be disliked in politics because then it's clearly because of her gender.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, now no woman can be disliked in politics because then it's clearly because of her gender.

It is a factor, yes.

Obviously some (cough cough Clinton) are more susceptible to it. But she also had other problems separate from gender.

4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

NO POSTING WHILE DRIVING!! 

Don't worry I'm passengering today. :lol:

Joe is getting mushy, no reason to deny it, it happens.  It isn't like he is totally gone.

And Hillary might be hated by some because of being a "woman in politics" but really she is just not likeable as a human.  Some people are that way.  Just like there are some people that do a bunch of wrong crazy s#!t and people still love them.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Eh. The silence is getting a little loud.

That's a fair comment.

Not that you (or anyone else here) care whatsoever, but I typically don't post in this forum because there are only a couple of people that can have a conversation without getting partisan-triggered (Buster, Guy Chamberlain, and teach typically do a good job of taking topics in isolation and discussing them). 

I observe that Biden is having cognitive issues. I could be wrong about that. But if I'm not wrong, I wish the Democrats would field a candidate that didn't. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Undone said:

That's a fair comment.

Not that you (or anyone else here) care whatsoever, but I typically don't post in this forum because there are only a couple of people that can have a conversation without getting partisan-triggered (Buster, Guy Chamberlain, and teach typically do a good job of taking topics in isolation and discussing them). 

I observe that Biden is having cognitive issues. I could be wrong about that. But if I'm not wrong, I wish the Democrats would field a candidate that didn't. 

I mean, the dude is 75, he has been "working" for what, 50+ years and in some stressful positions.  I would be more surprised if he DIDN'T have mushy moments.  

My dad is his age and has been retired for 20 years and has mushy moments.  

Is it going to be used against him?  Of course, because it is what you do.  s#!t, they did it to Ronnie ALL THE TIME.

41 minutes ago, Undone said:

That's a fair comment.

You'll understand why that list of non-partisans isn't going to be met with much agreement. And the partisan list - which I fully acknowledge includes me - should include yourself as well, if you're being fair. 

You "observe" that Biden has cognitive issues. I would highly recommend you should not stop observing with Biden. 

From a few moments ago:

19 minutes ago, knapplc said:

You'll understand why that list of non-partisans isn't going to be met with much agreement. And the partisan list - which I fully acknowledge includes me - should include yourself as well, if you're being fair. 

To the bold: Totally agree. I just don't love the debate, which is why I don't post here much. I've been cruising this sub out of pure boredom lately.

I'm mostly a Ron Paul-style Libertarian. I feel that the vast majority of Washington politicians are demonstrably stooges whose political careers are funded by corporations whose interests they serve, and not their constituents.

I have despised Trump from the very first moments he gained traction - he doesn't understand or care about constitutional rights at all, and he doesn't even know what he's doing. He's not even really a "Republican" or a "Conservative" anyway in my opinion; he's kind of his own brand of thing.

But in all seriousness - I'm mainly here to talk about Husker football.   :)

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Undone said:

I have despised Trump from the very first moments he gained traction - he doesn't understand or care about constitutional rights at all, and he doesn't even know what he's doing. He's not even really a "Republican" or a "Conservative" anyway in my opinion; he's kind of his own brand of thing.

This is just plain wrong.  Run down the Bill of Rights and you'll find Trump took action on all of them. Often directly in opposition to the Obama-Biden administration.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1