The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

17 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Maybe there could just be a new party called The Conservative Party.

Ideally what I'd like to happen is Trump lose the election and get removed and then fade a way; whatever it takes for that to happen. I don't want to have to keep hearing from him for ages which I fear is what's going to happen. Although if it hurts the Republican party to have him stick around being an a$$h@!e, then I guess it's ok.

Yes, never hearing from him again would be best. But if he doesn't die, that isn't going to happen. So......

6 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

If you don't think Trump suggesting tampering with our election is serious, this is an example of the kind of rationalization many of his supporters will gravitate to now that he's suggested it.

Do not underestimate the willingness of Republicans to monkey around with our democratic processes if they think it will help them.

In 2018 Georgia Governor Brian Kemp was merely the guy in charge of administering an election he was a candidate in. He oversaw massive voter purges of massively disproportionate minority voters when his opponent was Black. He also oversaw closures of polling places, again in disproportionately minority communities. He also blatantly lied by accusing the GA Democratic Party of hacking the state registration website TWO DAYS before the general election. It was later discovered there was zero evidence to support his claim. But he won the election by a very narrow margin (1.5%) so one could call his tactics successful, I guess? 

Arizona Governor Doug Ducey has had no problem closing lots of polling places in Arizona, again in very disproportionately urban and minority areas. Anybody who's watched any election coverage the past couple years should remember the ridiculously long lines in cities like Phoenix and stories of people waiting 6+ hours in line to vote. 

Trumpers can claim this is all a joke or Trump raises a good point or whatever, but there's some kernel of truth in the vast majority of stuff that's said even jokingly. And anyone who thinks these clowns have any reservation at all about trying to rig the game if they think it will help them isn't paying attention.

No.  And I don't believe Rod Rosenstein was actually wanting to remove Trump using the 25th Amendment either.

Your examples are not founded on facts.  In the case of Arizona it's a distortion of the facts.  AZ consolidated the polling places because people complained of confusion because there were too many.   They over-corrected but no one who could legally vote was prevented from doing so.

• Plus1 1

How does this simpleton President not understand how voting by mail works? We've been doing it for years in Colorado, it works fine. His latest comment is just headshaking. From memory..."We're talking about sending out tens of millions of ballots. You don't know where they're going. It's terrible". Where/Who the f#ck does he think they get mailed to? Dumbass. They get sent to the address of registered voters. 

Anyone who supports this ignorant simpleton should be so embarrassed that they would never in a million years think of letting on that they're okay with this idiot. It just amazes me that we have people in this country that are so completely gullible and stupid that they don't realize how absolutely ignorant they expose themselves to be. Instead of MAGA hats what they all need is the "<---- I'm With Stupid" t-shirts.

The only people we should be worried about voting are the intelligence challenged Trump supporters that have failed to decipher the simplest truths about their imbecile leader. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

This is not true. 

Knapp is right. This from the 2016 election:

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/03/23/ducey-rips-long-voter-lines-calls-them-unacceptable/82160766/

Stanton's letter to the Department of Justice said Phoenix, a city where minorities comprise the majority of the population, got a disproportionately small number of voting locations compared with more Anglo-dominated cities such as Fountain Hills, Paradise Valley and Peoria.

For example, Phoenix had one polling place per 108,000 voters; Fountain Hills had one for every 22,500 voters.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
35 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Knapp is right. This from the 2016 election:

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/03/23/ducey-rips-long-voter-lines-calls-them-unacceptable/82160766/

Stanton's letter to the Department of Justice said Phoenix, a city where minorities comprise the majority of the population, got a disproportionately small number of voting locations compared with more Anglo-dominated cities such as Fountain Hills, Paradise Valley and Peoria.

For example, Phoenix had one polling place per 108,000 voters; Fountain Hills had one for every 22,500 voters.

I once pointed out a similar issue in Kansas polls per voter (there it's fewer polling places for the communities with a lot of Hispanics) and I was told I was gross for implying the Republican party was doing it on purpose.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I once pointed out a similar issue in Kansas polls per voter (there it's fewer polling places for the communities with a lot of Hispanics) and I was told I was gross for implying the Republican party was doing it on purpose.

Is there any kind of national standard?  x number of citizen = x number of polling places

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

How does this simpleton President not understand how voting by mail works? We've been doing it for years in Colorado, it works fine. His latest comment is just headshaking. From memory..."We're talking about sending out tens of millions of ballots. You don't know where they're going. It's terrible". Where/Who the f#ck does he think they get mailed to? Dumbass. They get sent to the address of registered voters. 

Anyone who supports this ignorant simpleton should be so embarrassed that they would never in a million years think of letting on that they're okay with this idiot. It just amazes me that we have people in this country that are so completely gullible and stupid that they don't realize how absolutely ignorant they expose themselves to be. Instead of MAGA hats what they all need is the "<---- I'm With Stupid" t-shirts.

The only people we should be worried about voting are the intelligence challenged Trump supporters that have failed to decipher the simplest truths about their imbecile leader. 

Oh I think he understands it quite clearly.

Or rather he at least he understands that increased absentee voting is bad for Republicans which means it's also bad for him.

And he's always been a conspiratorial hack when it comes to elections. This is the same guy who tried claiming 3 million undocumented immigrants voted for his opponent, causing him to lose the popular vote, and set up a sham commission with a bunch of the leading quacks and weirdos from around the nation to back this up.

There have been quite a few stories lately about Republicans perturbed about Trump attacking vote by mail, fearing that it's going to depress GOP mail-in votes in a crucial election and hurt them.

Boy wouldn't that be the worst?! :lol:

• Plus1 2
20 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

"They're onto the ruse, call them names!"

Just now, TGHusker said:

Is there any kind of national standard?  x number of citizen = x number of polling places

Nope. Used to be under the Voting Rights Act if you wanted to reduce polling places in places that had historically been disenfranchised (i.e., poll taxes), the onus was on the state to prove it wasn't being discriminatory in doing so.

But SCOTUS stripped that provision in a 2013 case and the GOP has been having a field day ever since.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Danny Bateman said:

Or rather he at least he understands that increased absentee voting is bad for Republicans which means it's also bad for him.

No no no Danny, you have it all wrong. Absentee ballots are great, amazing, one of the best things ever. Trump uses them himself, he loves them! It's those evil mail in votes that are the problem