The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

4 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

How does this simpleton President not understand how voting by mail works? We've been doing it for years in Colorado, it works fine. His latest comment is just headshaking. From memory..."We're talking about sending out tens of millions of ballots. You don't know where they're going. It's terrible". Where/Who the f#ck does he think they get mailed to? Dumbass. They get sent to the address of registered voters. 

Anyone who supports this ignorant simpleton should be so embarrassed that they would never in a million years think of letting on that they're okay with this idiot. It just amazes me that we have people in this country that are so completely gullible and stupid that they don't realize how absolutely ignorant they expose themselves to be. Instead of MAGA hats what they all need is the "<---- I'm With Stupid" t-shirts.

The only people we should be worried about voting are the intelligence challenged Trump supporters that have failed to decipher the simplest truths about their imbecile leader. 

God, I needed a good laugh! Thanks @JJ Husker!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Pretty dire how plausible this is.

Related:  Trump is spoiling the well with his talk about mail in ballots as well.  This allow them to butter the bread on both sides.

We have the above tweet in which they will try to sabatage mail in ballots on one side.  On the other side, if by chance the race is close and mail in ballots make the difference, then trumps negative words have already caused much of his supporters to reject the outcome of the election as indicated in this poll. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/new-yahoo-news-you-gov-poll-most-trump-voters-say-they-will-not-accept-the-2020-results-if-biden-wins-because-of-mailin-ballots-143828759.html

“2020 will be the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election in history,” the president tweeted, even though there is no evidence that mail-in voting would lead to widespread voter fraud and several states already conduct elections entirely by mail. “Delay the Election until people can properly, securely and safely vote???”

b87675c0-d335-11ea-be1b-e3a9b9e22c3d

The results of the latest Yahoo News/YouGov survey suggest that Trump’s efforts to sow doubt about the validity of mail-in voting may be starting to have their desired effect. Asked whether Trump would “accept the result” if he “loses in a close election” this November, 52 percent of Americans say no. Only 25 percent say yes.

Voters who support Trump, meanwhile, share their candidate’s unfounded suspicions about postal balloting, with a full 55 percent saying they would not “accept the result” if Biden wins “because of an advantage in mail-in votes.” Only 21 percent say they would accept a Biden victory under those circumstances.

The survey, it’s worth noting, was conducted July 28 to 30, mostly before Trump’s tweet about delaying the election. If anything, these gaps will likely widen in the wake of his incendiary suggestion.

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

"They're onto the ruse, call them names!"

Nope. Used to be under the Voting Rights Act if you wanted to reduce polling places in places that had historically been disenfranchised (i.e., poll taxes), the onus was on the state to prove it wasn't being discriminatory in doing so.

But SCOTUS stripped that provision in a 2013 case and the GOP has been having a field day ever since.

Any idea how you become one of the volunteers at a polling location?  It seems like it is always super old people.

I'm submitting my mail in ballot for my Minnesota primary. Here are the precautions I immediately recognize:

• It was sent directly to me as a registered voter. My wife, who is not yet registered, did not receive a ballot.
  • The ballot has a barcode specific to me.
  • You must write in your driver's license or social security number.
  • You must sign the form, which can be cross-referenced with what the state has on file from your voter registration.
  • You must have a witness sign and provide their address.

I mean, who doesn't have their mail stolen all the time by people who have already stolen your identity? And also have a witness sign off that can be researched?

• Plus1 2

15 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Knapp is right. This from the 2016 election:

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/03/23/ducey-rips-long-voter-lines-calls-them-unacceptable/82160766/

Stanton's letter to the Department of Justice said Phoenix, a city where minorities comprise the majority of the population, got a disproportionately small number of voting locations compared with more Anglo-dominated cities such as Fountain Hills, Paradise Valley and Peoria.

For example, Phoenix had one polling place per 108,000 voters; Fountain Hills had one for every 22,500 voters.

Check the date on your linked article and you'll see which phase of the election is being discussed.  While it was a clusterflock, it's incompatible with a voter suppression conspiracy theory. 

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Check the date on your linked article and you'll see which phase of the election is being discussed.  While it was a clusterflock, it's incompatible with a voter suppression conspiracy theory. 

Same thing happened in 2018. Same s#!t, different year.

It's no conspiracy to suggest Republicans pull this stuff in lots of different states because they control so many of them right now. Far as I know Dems might pull the same stuff in Maryland or New York or Calorifonia. If you can find evidence of it, great, I'd commend you.

But I can dig up a lot more evidence of the GOP pulling this crap in a lot more places rihgt now and that suggests it's a very lopsided problem.

• Plus1 5

16 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Same thing happened in 2018. Same s#!t, different year.

It's no conspiracy to suggest Republicans pull this stuff in lots of different states because they control so many of them right now. Far as I know Dems might pull the same stuff in Maryland or New York or Calorifonia. If you can find evidence of it, great, I'd commend you.

But I can dig up a lot more evidence of the GOP pulling this crap in a lot more places rihgt now and that suggests it's a very lopsided problem.

So absolutely not the same.

• Plus1 1