The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

Newsflash, you're the 3rd ranking Democrat in the House. Don't tell the American people what they need to do. You're the one with any power. Talk to your GOP colleagues.

“That is why the American people had better wake up. I know a little bit about history, and I know how countries find their demise. It is when we fail to let democracy and the fundamentals of which is a fair, unfettered election. And that’s why he is trying to put a cloud over this election, floating the idea of postponing the elections,” Clyburn said.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/clyburn-trump-mussolini-hitler-stealing-the-election-1038241/

• Plus1 2

Here we go again.  I wonder how many favors the trump team is seeking from foreign govts.?  Now Brazil -  of another like minded nationalist dufus leader. 

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2020/8/1/21350810/us-ambassador-brazil-chapman-favor-ethanol-trump-reelection

The Trump administration has been accused of attempting to pressure another foreign country into helping Trump’s reelection prospects, according to a letter from the House Foreign Affairs Committee.

That letter cites Brazilian news articles that report US Ambassador to Brazil Todd Chapman pressured members of Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro’s administration to lower ethanol tariffs in order to support President Donald Trump’s reelection efforts.

In the letter, Foreign Affairs Committee chairman Rep. Eliot Engel demands Chapman explain an article in which the ambassador is said to have asked for the tariffs to be lowered as a “favor” from the Brazilian government to the Trump reelection campaign.

“Iowa is the largest ethanol producer in the United States…and could be a key player in Trump’s election,” an article in the Brazilian newspaper O Globo reads, according to the letter. “Hence the importance – according to Chapman – for the Bolsonaro government to do the U.S. a favor.”

Beyond the report in O Globo, the New York Times notes, another Brazilian outlet, Estadão, published a similar story based on its own reporting, with its journalists finding that Chapman had made the request, and was rebuffed by government officials.

Alceu Moreira, a Brazilian congressman, also told the Times that Chapman “had made repeated references to the electoral calendar during a recent meeting the two had about ethanol.”

Engel has called for Chapman to respond to the reports by August 4, and for him to provide “any and all documents referring or related to any discussions” with Brazilian officials.

If the reports are accurate, the letter states, Chapman’s actions could be in violation of the Hatch Act, which prevents federal employees from engaging in certain political activities, such as partisan campaigning for candidates.

While it's really sad that Trump's major campaign strategy appears to be trying to talk smack about Joe Biden, none of it sticks. Nobody wants to hear from this guy or any of his stooges, and everything they try to pin on Biden is so obviously being done by Trump.

• Plus1 1

12 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Looking forward to the Brazillian Interference Special Counsel.  I will volunteer to scour San Paulo and Rio in search of dastardly threats to democracy.

No need to scour, the threat resides in the WH and they ask for foriegn interference in our election in plain sight. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

He seems to be complaining that the press is saying his rallies are not well attended. 

But these pictures are from this weekend. Who's lying, the press or Trump?

Omg the official white house picture of the event is probably the worst photoshop ive ever seen. Maybe they should hire our resident gobiggergoredder to do it for them because whoever they have now obviously has no idea what they are doing. 

2 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Omg the official white house picture of the event is probably the worst photoshop ive ever seen. Maybe they should hire our resident gobiggergoredder to do it for them because whoever they have now obviously has no idea what they are doing. 

Now I'm curious.  Where can I see this picture.