The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

3 hours ago, commando said:

the list is cut short...but it paints an accurate picture

Sorry, I have no desire to click on your little twitter thingy.  

"When you're starting to regret your vote for Trump"

Say what?  Against Hilary Clinton?  NOPE.  Never.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, mrandyk said:

I can't imagine having my head so far in the sand to:

1) Vote for Donald Trump

2) Maintain it was the right choice after 4 catastrophic years

It is okay to admit you were wrong and form a new opinion after learning new facts.

The GOP has done a great job over the past 28 years duping the masses into thinking Hilary Clinton is the devil.

Hilary Clinton is no worse than the average  senator. She’s just married to Bill and was seen as a threat to become president someday, so they’ve been working on her this entire time. 

Her presidency would have been the status quo for a Democrat president. It would been similar to Obama’s presidency. The economy would have improved at the same pace as it improved under Obama and improved under Trump (pre Covid).

But there are people who think Trump has done an amazing job and thought things were horrible under Obama. It’s nuts. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

The GOP has done a great job over the past 28 years duping the masses into thinking Hilary Clinton is the devil.

Hilary Clinton is no worse than the average  senator. She’s just married to Bill and was seen as a threat to become president someday, so they’ve been working on her this entire time. 

Her presidency would have been the status quo for a Democrat president. It would been similar to Obama’s presidency. The economy would have improved at the same pace as it improved under Obama and improved under Trump (pre Covid).

But there are people who think Trump has done an amazing job and thought things were horrible under Obama. It’s nuts. 

+1.

Particularly in the era of COVID, it's mind-boggling to me that some people maintain that the political equivalent of the nerdy, over-prepared teacher's pet from school could've possibly done a worse job than the hell we're currently living (for Trump, golfing) through.

• Plus1 1

I kind of like that he wears shades while biking.  

7 hours ago, Moiraine said:

The only thing that actually makes her likeable is that she is "married" to Bill.  That guy is as smooth as silk and even when you know he is lying to you...you still kind of like him.  She is the wife that has to come over to the cookout in order to make sure you get the cool guy there too.

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, teachercd said:

I kind of like that he wears shades while biking.  

The only thing that actually makes her likeable is that she is "married" to Bill.  That guy is as smooth as silk and even when you know he is lying to you...you still kind of like him.  She is the wife that has to come over to the cookout in order to make sure you get the cool guy there too.

Agreed assuming you're talking about her personality and her run of the mill sliminess (which is similar to that of the average senator). Although I disagree on Bill. As far as all of the other s#!t, most of it is made up. She's not a murderer, she doesn't have some vast behind the scenes network controlling the deep state, and she's a moderate. She would have been similar to Obama.

13 hours ago, mrandyk said:

I can't imagine having my head so far in the sand to:

1) Vote for Donald Trump

2) Maintain it was the right choice after 4 catastrophic years

It is okay to admit you were wrong and form a new opinion after learning new facts.

12 hours ago, Moiraine said:

By the books Obama is a nice guy and a very mediocre President.  If he was a white Barry Dunham he would be as popular as James K Polk.  

For Hilary once you get past her being a sociopath, there's a smart woman dedicated to big government statism.  She believes she can rule the swamp better than the other things and maybe she could. 

But none of them are anything like Trump.  There would be no historically great economy, confrontation of China, or expose of the politicized national security apparatus.  Trump is a the first time a skeptic of the progressive status quo has had real power.  And a slim chance that he's anything but the last.

And if anyone responds yeah but Covid! I give you the headless chicken dance of the University Presidents jigging over the state of college football.  You can't point to an AD or Dean that looks like Trump but I can find plenty that work like Robo-Hilary or Dean of Diversity Obama.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

By the books Obama is a nice guy and a very mediocre President.  If he was a white Barry Dunham he would be as popular as James K Polk.  

For Hilary once you get past her being a sociopath, there's a smart woman dedicated to big government statism.  She believes she can rule the swamp better than the other things and maybe she could. 

But none of them are anything like Trump.  There would be no historically great economy, confrontation of China, or expose of the politicized national security apparatus.  Trump is a the first time a skeptic of the progressive status quo has had real power.  And a slim chance that he's anything but the last.

And if anyone responds yeah but Covid! I give you the headless chicken dance of the University Presidents jigging over the state of college football.  You can't point to an AD or Dean that looks like Trump but I can find plenty that work like Robo-Hilary or Dean of Diversity Obama.  

The “headless chicken dance” is a direct result of a lack of a clear and consistent message from the leaders at the top of our government.

I

6 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

But none of them are anything like Trump.  There would be no historically bad economy, submitting to China, or major threats from inside the WH to our national security. 

turned delusion into reality for you

• Plus1 2
7 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Also I just have to say, the President of the United States should be prepared for a pandemic. That is part of the job. It make sense a university president wouldn't be prepared for something like this as that is not really part of the job. The fact that you would equate the two is astounding. The excuses you make for this man are so pathetic it hurts. 

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, NM11046 said:

I hope Project Lincoln gets moving on some ads that specifically tie the incompetence of this POTUS dealing with Covid in Feb/March to the cancellation of sports this fall and they blast it throughout the SEC and BIG10.

I have said that this will ultimately be the final nail for Trump.  People are going to be pissed.

• Plus1 1