The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I have said that this will ultimately be the final nail for Trump.  People are going to be pissed.

You're not wrong. The most dangerous thing for Roman Emperors was the Roman people. That's why they had weeks and weeks of free games, giving out free money (the "dole," or what some consider welfare today) and free bread. 

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

You're not wrong. The most dangerous thing for Roman Emperors was the Roman people. That's why they had weeks and weeks of free games, giving out free money (the "dole," or what some consider welfare today) and free bread. 

Yep!  He needed sports to be as normal as possible.  

8 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

There would be no historically great economy,

You really need to stop with this myth and I'm not even talking about the collapse of the economy since COVID hit.

8 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

or expose of the politicized national security apparatus.

Trump is the epitome of politicizing the military for his own personal gain.  It's absolutely disgusting and his followers eat it all up.

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

O/U on how long it takes after their cancellation announcement for Trump to sign an executive order requiring college football teams to have a season?

I don't know if it's an executive order.  But I'll guarantee that he makes a point to tell the public that he thinks colleges are making the wrong decision and put the blame on them within 24 hours...

Not sure if this has been posted else where  but I cannot imagine the kind of arrogance it takes for trump to suggest that he be included on Mt Rushmore.    Trump is calling it fake news in one sentence but then confirms it in the next.   Remember he has accomplished more in 3.5 years than perhaps any other presidency.  I just cannot fathom that kind of mindset, ignorance, lack of self awareness, and failed understanding of history.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8610013/White-House-reached-South-Dakota-governor-adding-Trump-Mount-Rushmore.html

31758918-8610013-image-a-2_1597023441823

trump first raised the prospect of having his face carved on the historic site soon after he took office, in January 2017.

Kristi Noem, who at the time was a Congresswoman representing South Dakota, said he mentioned the idea during that first meeting.  

'He said: "Kristi, come on over here. Shake my hand,"' Noem recalled. 

'I shook his hand, and I said: "Mr President, you should come to South Dakota sometime. We have Mount Rushmore."

'And he goes: "Do you know it's my dream to have my face on Mount Rushmore?" '

Noem said she thought he was joking.

'I started laughing,' she said. 'He wasn't laughing, so he was totally serious.'

Later that year, Trump raised it again - this time in public, at a rally in Youngstown, Ohio, in July.

'I'd ask whether or not you think I will someday be on Mount Rushmore, but here's the problem: If I did it joking, totally joking, having fun, the fake news media will say 'he believes he should be on Mount Rushmore,' he said.

'So I won't say it, OK? I won't say it.'

Maureen McGee-Ballinger, public information officer at Mount Rushmore, told The Argus Leader that workers are asked daily whether any president can be added. 

For years, people have suggested Franklin Roosevelt, John F. Kennedy and Ronald Reagan, among others. A website has been set up advocating for Obama.

McGee-Ballinger said it was impossible. 

'There is no more carvable space up on the sculpture,' she said. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

HOLY HELL

When I first glanced at this, I was like WTF.    How could Trump be leading in any poll.  Then I saw the district.  Biden could end up getting 2/3 in NE.   Crazy times.  Now if district 3 votes Biden, expect to see flying pigs.  

3 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

When I first glanced at this, I was like WTF.    How could Trump be leading in any poll.  Then I saw the district.  Biden could end up getting 2/3 in NE.   Crazy times.  Now if district 3 votes Biden, expect to see flying pigs.  

Yeah that's a 20 point swing from how district 1 voted in 16. That's a hell of a swing. 

44 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Yeah that's a 20 point swing from how district 1 voted in 16. That's a hell of a swing. 

Similar swings puts states like Kansas, Louisiana, Indiana, Missouri, Utah, Mississippi, Alaska, South Carolina, Iowa, Texas, Ohio Georgia, North Carolina, Arizona, Florida, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan in play for Biden. That is a lot of room to maneuver to find a handful of electorates.