The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

45 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

This USPS thing is getting increasingly concerning if you care about a fair election.

And if you're not convinced, THIS is the guy orchestrating this. You trust that face?

louisdejoy.jpg?fit=447,599&ssl=1

I'm so conflicted on this issue. We need to demand mail in votes for safety but I'll be damned if I let my vote get screwed over by the USPS in a direct effort to suppress it. At this point I'm leaning towards doing it in person 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I'm so conflicted on this issue. We need to demand mail in votes for safety but I'll be damned if I let my vote get screwed over by the USPS in a direct effort to suppress it. At this point I'm leaning towards doing it in person 

Do they not do drop boxes? That's how we've always done ours. They mail us the ballot and then I either drop them off at the courthouse or at the grocery store on one of the drop-off days

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, GSG said:

Do they not do drop boxes? That's how we've always done ours. They mail us the ballot and then I either drop them off at the courthouse or at the grocery store on one of the drop-off days

Honestly I'm unsure how it works in MS. I should probably get more educated. 

• Plus1 1

30 minutes ago, GSG said:

The only reason I drop our ballots off is because I'm too cheap to use a bunch of stamps :lol:

And this year, especially, you should drop off your ballot at the election commission and not mail it because the bloated cheeto is trying to kill the USPS.

• Plus1 3
8 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

When I first glanced at this, I was like WTF.    How could Trump be leading in any poll.  Then I saw the district.  Biden could end up getting 2/3 in NE.   Crazy times.  Now if district 3 votes Biden, expect to see flying pigs.  

If the third district goes Biden, The world would come to an end. 

16 hours ago, teachercd said:

I have said that this will ultimately be the final nail for Trump.  People are going to be pissed.

16 hours ago, teachercd said:

Yep!  He needed sports to be as normal as possible.  

It's not too conspiratorial to posit that the election was weighing on the minds of university institutionalists.  Happy voters are less likely to vote for the challenger.  Even if the decision makers tried to banish that thought from their head, it would eat away them all the more.

9 hours ago, GSG said:

Do they check your ID there?

• Plus1 1

14 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

States need to firm up legal Drop Boxes in all their cities so that we can avoid having to depend on the USPS.  If only the blue Govs did it we'd be sure to capture the votes, and if the GOP Govs decided not to ... oh well.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, NM11046 said:

States need to firm up legal Drop Boxes in all their cities so that we can avoid having to depend on the USPS.  If only the blue Govs did it we'd be sure to capture the votes, and if the GOP Govs decided not to ... oh well.

The last part is what im concerned about. I have a feeling voting where I live won't be the easiest experience but we will see