The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

37 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I fear the military is the same way which makes a successful coup all the more likely. 

I truly do think military brass would uniformly tell him to pound sand if he tried anything like that. He'd probably have some support amongst the rank-and-file and an odd officer like Flynn here or there, but if he really tried to use the military to subvert democracy, I think he'd find out pretty decisively they weren't going for it.

Cops, on the other hand... Man, it's sad to see how they've bought into his rhetoric. Really sad. And horrifying.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

I truly do think military brass would uniformly tell him to pound sand if he tried anything like that. He'd probably have some support amongst the rank-and-file and an odd officer like Flynn here or there, but if he really tried to use the military to subvert democracy, I think he'd find out pretty decisively they weren't going for it.

Cops, on the other hand... Man, it's sad to see how they've bought into his rhetoric. Really sad. And horrifying.

What if a bunch of the rank-and-file are more loyal to Trump?

6 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

- Rage Against the Machine, 1992

PS:  Rage Against the Machine was way ahead of their time...go back and listen and look at their lyrics...they're just as pertinent as today.

I wonder if Mr mono-chord knew that a burning cross would most likely have been lit by a D/left winger.  

But that song is awesome if you sing it with the lyrics of Silent Night.

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I wonder if Mr mono-chord knew that a burning cross would most likely have been lit by a D/left winger.  

But that song is awesome if you sing it with the lyrics of Silent Night.

I wonder if Mr. notre-dame knew that there was a time he would s#!t his pants and happily keep playing in it...

Out of all the talking points that actually make some sense, I don't get why people try to use "well actually the KKK was started by dems". It's dumb.  If this was actually the current environment, Trump would have no problem refusing the support of that liberal David Duke.  My god, he would have railed against the "liberal civil war" in Charlottesville. 

Your smarter than this @Notre Dame Joe

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2

My father is still a registered Republican even though he hasn't voted that way in a long time. He and my mother are both retired and on a fixed income. This week he received a 3.5 page letter from the donnie drumpf campaign asking for money. Remember when they said he had so much money he wouldn't need help or couldn't be bought? Pepperidge f#&%ing Farms remembers

• Thanks 1