The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

14 minutes ago, QMany said:

Imagine watching the last 3.5 years, Trump’s KKKampaign speeches, Joe Biden last night, and deciding not to vote for the latter. 

He killed it. And the “he’s senile” projection was idiotic. 

Your choices are:

Biden - decent

Trump - evil

Write-in/Third-Party - not voting against evil

But hey - you have your freedom of choice and that's all that matters!  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, admo said:

Trump, Biden...  Is there an option C?

NO -  it is a simple choice.  Good  vs Evil    Status quo (and growing worse) or Change     

As a center right guy, Biden isn't in line with all of my political prerogatives, however, I have to have a long term look.  Leaving Trump in office will hurt us long term.  He is dividing the country, sets the wrong example and we are laughed at by foreign countries - alienating our friends and getting friendly wt dictators like Putin.  And I haven't even mentioned tRump's failed leadership regarding Covid.  

The answer is very clear.

Biden may not be as liberal as some want, or as conservative as others want, but he is what the country needs at this time.

In 4 years we can debate conservative vs liberal ideas, right now we need to come together and survive as a nation. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2

This seems totally cool and normal behavior from people who don't wish to discourage voting. I just don't understand why they'd pick these specific areas for additional "security." Hmmm. :confucius

Wanted to post the next tweet but it will not embed, here it is verbatim:

GOP operatives have already floated a plan to put military vets & off-duty cops at “inner city” and predominantly Native American voting precincts, @theintercept reported earlier this year

27 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

I don't even really want to vote for Joe Biden (Not my 1st choice) and yet I am excited and can't wait to vote for Joe Biden. 

I was dejected when he sealed the nomination but still would be over the moon to have a functioning human being running the country.

• Plus1 3

6 hours ago, QMany said:

COVID-19

Climate Change

Tax Reform

Social Security

Kamala Harris

Wife and family

Armed Forces

Foreign policy and restoring allies
Racism

But yes, he did mention Trump’s lawlessness, lying, darkness, failure to do the job, etc. It would be political malpractice not to. 

Like Climate Change is the only thing on that list that wouldn't have been in a speech from 100 years ago.  Okay so the Ds are playing it safe and trying to run a Generic Democrat as their candidate.  It kinda reminds me of the John Kerry NOT-BUSH campaign.

5 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

I'm saying if someone votes 3rd party, I'm fine with that.  It's their vote, they get to make it.

Stating there are only 2 candidates in the election just because people want to reduce it down to 'good vs. evil' is false logic and undemocratic.

You will eat your Biden and you'll like it. 

• Plus1 1

So the choice has been distilled to a good, generally honest man calling on a return to decency and telling you he'll leverage decades of experience and negotiate consensus among lots of diverse allies to overcome the pandemic, return us to our normal lives and try to make life better for average people...

And a corrupt scumbag who lies like the rest of us breathe, clearly can't be bothered to have any serious plan for the pandemic, wants to implement more tax cuts without understanding the ramifications, clearly doesn't care about anyone but himself and those kissing his butt or giving him money and wants to continue to abuse his power for personal gain. And if it breaks the government, so be it. Worth it in the end.

Hard choice.

• Plus1 4

Now trump wants law enforcement at the voting polls.  He doesn't trust mail in ballots. Now he doesn't trust in person voting.

in other words TRUMP DOESN'T TRUST YOU!

He is doing everything he can to discredit this election before it occurs ....  so that he can claim it was  a hoax ,  a rigged election and he won't leave the WH.   We'll soon have a constitutional crisis on our hands unless trump is soundly defeated.  We need a Reagan like victory for Biden.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-says-wants-sheriffs-poll-050241323.html

president Donald Trump, who's repeatedly railed against mail-in voting, said Thursday he has concerns about in-person voting as well, and wants to use law-enforcement as poll watchers on Election Day.

In a phone interview with Sean Hannity on Fox News during the Democratic National Convention, Trump was asked if he planned to have poll watchers on Election Day with the "ability to monitor, to avoid fraud and cross check whether or not these are registered voters, whether or not there's been identification to know if it's a real vote from a real American?"

Trump said, "We're going to have everything. We're going to have sheriffs and law enforcement and we're going to have, hopefully, U.S. attorneys, and we're going to have everybody, and attorney generals, but it's very hard."

Marc Elias, a top lawyer for the Democrats on voting rights, tweeted that such a move by Trump would be challenged in court by Democrats.

Kristen Clarke, president and executive director of the Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law, called the threat "an old and familiar tactic pulled right from the Jim Crow playbook and often specifically targeted at Black voters and voters of color. This voter suppression scheme is intended to intimidate voters and cause a chilling effect on the electorate" and "would likely run afoul of laws that prohibit intimidation of voters."

Clarke added that her group, which fights for civil rights causes in court, "will use every tool in our arsenal to block thinly veiled efforts aimed at discouraging participation by eligible voters this election season.”

Related to the post above, GOP is investing $20m for legal action and recruiting 50k volunteers to watch the polls.

Intimidation -  I bet there won't be any poll watchers at my suburban mostly white polling place.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/gop-recruits-army-poll-watchers-fight-voter-fraud-no-can-n1217391

Republicans are recruiting an estimated 50,000 volunteers to act as "poll watchers" in November, part of a multimillion-dollar effort to police who votes and how.

That effort, coordinated by the Republican National Committee and President Donald Trump's re-election campaign, includes a $20 million fund for legal battles as well as the GOP's first national poll-patrol operation in nearly 40 years.

While poll watching is an ordinary part of elections — both parties do it — voting rights advocates worry that such a moneyed, large-scale offensive by the Republicans will intimidate and target minority voters who tend to vote Democratic and chill turnout in a pivotal contest already upended by the coronavirus pandemic.

Some states allow poll monitors to challenge a voter's eligibility, requiring that person's ballot undergo additional vetting to be counted. In Michigan, for example, a challenged voter will be removed from line and questioned about their citizenship, age, residency and date of voter registration if, according to election rules, a vote challenger has "good reason" to believe they are not eligible. They are required to take an oath attesting that their answers are true and are given a special ballot.

The Trump campaign says the aim is to prevent voter fraud before it happens, despite researchers, academics and the president's own voter fraud commission all failing to find evidence that widespread fraud exists in years of searching.

11 hours ago, commando said:

he promised to keep SS funded as opposed to trump defunding it.   he also said something to the effect that we will listen to the experts rather then the crackpots for guidance on how to move forward.  i also liked that he talked to america like we are a bunch of adults.   that has been missing under the current administration.

11 hours ago, QMany said:

COVID-19

Climate Change

Tax Reform

Social Security

Kamala Harris

Wife and family

Armed Forces

Foreign policy and restoring allies
Racism

But yes, he did mention Trump’s lawlessness, lying, darkness, failure to do the job, etc. It would be political malpractice not to. 

I watched Biden's speech. He didn't propose any policy. It was exactly what I thought it'd be: platitudes and Trump/Repubs are bad.

I have strong feelings of deja vu from 2004 and 2016. I hope the anti-Trump vote is enough to carry Biden, but I'm starting to think he'll perform just like Hillary: lead during the summer, fade to a slim lead during fall, and then win the popular vote but lose the election. I hope I'm wrong, but I've seen the Dems botch this before.

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

I watched Biden's speech. He didn't propose any policy. It was exactly what I thought it'd be: platitudes and Trump/Repubs are bad.

I have strong feelings of deja vu from 2004 and 2016. I hope the anti-Trump vote is enough to carry Biden, but I'm starting to think he'll perform just like Hillary: lead during the summer, fade to a slim lead during fall, and then win the popular vote but lose the election. I hope I'm wrong, but I've seen the Dems botch this before.

i disagree