The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

20 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I will point that as a country the US has obviously done some things right, more in spite of Trump than because of him. Almost exactly 6 months ago many from HB were sharing projections/studies that hinted at 100-150 million infections with upwards of 2 million deaths in the US.

As of today we just passed 6 million positive cases and are about to 185 thousand deaths...too many for sure, but nowhere near what was predicted.

I agree that we have done better than the original projections.  And...like you said, it's in spite of Trump instead of because of him.

a)  Shut down pandemic office in China that could have seen this coming sooner.

b)  Down play it constantly at the beginning as nothing.  

c)  Declare it over and over again as a left wing hoax to destroy his presidency (which, still has convinced his sheep that it's all a hoax)

d)  Was very late (because of b &c) to implement actions to help healthcare workers and slow the spread.

Also....his team keeps claiming that nobody in the US was ever denied a ventilator if they needed one.  I don't have proof, but I have to call BS on this.  You're telling me that in the worst of the worst in NY and NJ, there wasn't ANYONE that died because of the lack of a ventilator?  BS!!!

• Plus1 1

I didn't watch the speech...I saw a pictures of a bunch of morons not wearing masks and sitting next to each other on the WH lawn though.

But the speech must have moved some people to place some action because Trump is now -125 to get elected.  So he is not the favorite.  I have money on him to NOT get elected.

29 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Agree!!!!

I disagree. Im tired of these privileged asshats not having to put their feet to the fire. Get confrontational. The republican side can yell and scream in LEO faces because they have to stay inside but people can't yell at a Senator when someone was actually murdered still without justice? Nah

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Because there are several studys showing many deaths could have been avoided had stronger action been taken. Also I only remember one person claiming it would disappear at 15 cases. Then lying over and over and over and still continuing to lie about the situation to make himself look better because he is a malignant narcissist.

Yes they're called models and they are computer programs using guesstimates.  If they were so inclined they could do a model showing how President Trump's actions saved 1 million lives and 10 million jobs. 

The only hard objective blunder of the pandemic was D Cuomo ordering nursing homes to take covid positive residents.  

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would like Trumpers who are against this to explain to me how we are going to handle the record deficits that have plagued Trump after his tax cuts.  OR....do Republicans no longer care about deficits?

@Notre Dame Joe

@admo

Do you actually think that a President Joe Biden (yuck) would reduce the federal deficit?  And you think that could happen without the middle class footing the bill?

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Do you actually think that a President Joe Biden (yuck) would reduce the federal deficit?  And you think that could happen without the middle class footing the bill?

So....you’re saying we don’t care about deficits anymore. 

thanks for clarifying. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I didn't watch the speech...I saw a pictures of a bunch of morons not wearing masks and sitting next to each other on the WH lawn though.

But the speech must have moved some people to place some action because Trump is now -125 to get elected.  So he is not the favorite.  I have money on him to NOT get elected.

Bovada still has Biden at -120.  

But those fireworks should have proclaimed  "Trump Approval 44%" 

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Yes they're called models and they are computer programs using guesstimates.  If they were so inclined they could do a model showing how President Trump's actions saved 1 million lives and 10 million jobs. 

The only hard objective blunder of the pandemic was D Cuomo ordering nursing homes to take covid positive residents. 

Coumo followed Trumps CDC guidelines in making that decision 

• Haha 1

Another group of GOPers against Trump.

https://repair45.org/

Our Republic is in Peril

Weak leaders, nationwide discord, and a confluence of crises are threatening the country’s greatness.

Now is the time to speak up, before it’s too late.

The Republican Political Alliance for Integrity and Reform (REPAIR) is a group of former U.S. officials, advisors, and conservatives—organized by ex-Trump administration officials—calling for leadership change in the White House and seeking to repair the Republican Party. We believe America’s comeback starts this November—with a return to our founding principles.

Watch this space.

Related article

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/27/former-trump-officials-lose-403926

• Plus1 1