The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

58 minutes ago, Ulty said:

You have a hard time believing it? After the things he has publicly said about John McCain, military generals, the intelligence community, and gold star families? 

A story like this should certainly be verified, and we don't want to fall into the same gullibility trap of misinformation that occurs so frequently with Trumpers, but this is all extremely plausible. And apparently there are multiple sources for it.

Im sure some of it is true. But calling a political opponent a loser like he did McCain and calling fallen WW1 soldiers “losers” and “suckers” is hard for me to believe. Doesnt mean he didnt say it, just right now I dont think he said it. Im sure he said it about McCain bc there is video of it. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Im sure some of it is true. But calling a political opponent a loser like he did McCain and calling fallen WW1 soldiers “losers” and “suckers” is hard for me to believe. Doesnt mean he didnt say it, just right now I dont think he said it. Im sure he said it about McCain bc there is video of it. 

What has Trump done these past four years that you're giving him the benefit of the doubt?

14 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Calling McCain a "loser" because he's a political opponent is one thing.  But...listen specifically to the reasoning why Trump said he's a loser.  It's because he got caught and was a POW.  It wasn't because he disagreed with his policies or think he would be a bad President.  It was specifically because he got caught and was a prisoner of war.  He said that in public in front of cameras.

You don't think he would say the same thing about other military people behind closed doors?

You have much more faith in his morals than I do.

• Plus1 3

The crux of some of this reporting is that he is and always has been narcissistic and self-centered. "He doesn't understand non-transactional life choices."

That tracks 110% with everything we've seen from him for his entire public life. The man only does things that directly benefit him. And he doesn't care about doing things others find disgusting and amoral if he doesn't think they will hurt him.

We don't think that guy would dance on the grave of a fallen rival or blow off a visit to a veteran cemetery if he didn't see immediate gratification from it?

Come on. That's exactly who Trump is.

And this one is gonna hurt. Most every non-Trumper in America realizes he's a pathological liar. His denials will fall on deaf ears for everyone but his base.

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1
18 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Last night CNN commentator was saying this bombshell might just be the turning point for the Trump presidency and campaign.

I had to laugh.

How many jaw-dropping turning points have we already had over the last four years? Is it even the worst thing he said this week? 

And didn't Trump drop the "My heroes don't get captured" line on John McCain before his fans elected him? 

• Plus1 3

4 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

I dislike Trump more than the next guy but I have a REALLY hard time believing he said those things about the military. He made military service and building the military a top priority in 2016. 

Again, on an open mike in a public forum in the middle of a campaign, Donald Trump made fun of prisoner-of-war John McCain for getting caught. 

Throwing money at s#!t and demanding respect is another way he operates, but it's not the same as supporting the men and women who make sacrifices that a narcissist can't understand. 

14 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

And didn't Trump drop the "My heroes don't get captured" line on John McCain before his fans elected him? 

He said it. It's on video. Then after he tweeted a link of an article about him calling McCain a loser, to promote the fact he called McCain a loser. Fast forward to last night, he said he never called McCain a loser.

Anyone giving him the benefit of the doubt on this, is a moron. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2