The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

3 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

There is no problem with normal voting. Therefore there is no need to change to vote by mail.  Unless of course you feel you cannot win a normal election.  That side has an incentive to inject chaos into a system that works. 

You do realize for as long as elections have been going on that vote by mail and absentee voting have been utilized, correct? And the man you worship uses mail in voting every election and has actually sent in his absentee vote already for NYC, correct? You people are such a joke lol

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

You do realize for as long as elections have been going on that vote by mail and absentee voting have been utilized, correct? And the man you worship uses mail in voting every election and has actually sent in his absentee vote already for NYC, correct? You people are such a joke lol

NYC?   didn't he claim that he moved to Florida?  i swear he voted absentee from Florida 2 years ago.

2 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

It helps D stay in office by removing one step of oversight from the voting.  Russia et al couldn't have dreamed of a better way to interfere in our elections.  No surprise coming from those who want to pack the Supreme Court, censor the internet, and spy on the opposition party. 

hackable electronic voting machines are a far greater risk to election security then the paper ballots cast through the mail. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

There is no problem with normal voting. Therefore there is no need to change to vote by mail.  Unless of course you feel you cannot win a normal election.  That side has an incentive to inject chaos into a system that works. 

See I see this differently.

As has already been said, several states have gone to largely or entirely voting by mail due to efficiency, convenience and the positive effect it has on voter turnout. Making it easier to vote predictably leads to more people voting.

I don't view expanding vote-by-mail during a pandemic as incompatible with having a normal election. I view it as giving people more options to exercise their constitutional right, safely, however they see fit.

I think the GOP is concerned about vote-by-mail because they know if more people vote it will be bad for them. It's why there have been so many undemocratic voter suppression policies in so many red and purple states since 2010. In my experience speaking with Trump voters when I do voter outreach, I certainly hear them use arguments about voter fraud, stealing the election, "If you can go to the grocery store in person, you can vote in person," etc. I know those are the defenses that Trump and the GOP use. But I think most people know why they're really concerned about more people voting and it has nothing to do with election integrity. It has to do with power.

• Plus1 3
3 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

See I see this differently.

As has already been said, several states have gone to largely or entirely voting by mail due to efficiency, convenience and the positive effect it has on voter turnout. Making it easier to vote predictably leads to more people voting.

I don't view expanding vote-by-mail during a pandemic as incompatible with having a normal election. I view it as giving people more options to exercise their constitutional right, safely, however they see fit.

I think the GOP is concerned about vote-by-mail because they know if more people vote it will be bad for them. It's why there have been so many undemocratic voter suppression policies in so many red and purple states since 2010. In my experience speaking with Trump voters when I do voter outreach, I certainly hear them use arguments about voter fraud, stealing the election, "If you can go to the grocery store in person, you can vote in person," etc. I know those are the defenses that Trump and the GOP use. But I think most people know why they're really concerned about more people voting and it has nothing to do with election integrity. It has to do with power.

I hear this when the Ds lose an election but I never see names and faces.  Surely there must be a lot of persons who can say I John Smith wanted to vote and was suppressed. 

Otherwise yes, the party with more apathetic supporters who cannot be bothered to take an hour on a biennial basis to preserve democracy; yeah they have an incentive to make voting an informal non-deliberative process.  After vote by mail becomes stale they will discover a 'need' for vote by social media.  

• Plus1 1

36 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I hear this when the Ds lose an election but I never see names and faces.  Surely there must be a lot of persons who can say I John Smith wanted to vote and was suppressed. 

Otherwise yes, the party with more apathetic supporters who cannot be bothered to take an hour on a biennial basis to preserve democracy; yeah they have an incentive to make voting an informal non-deliberative process.  After vote by mail becomes stale they will discover a 'need' for vote by social media.  

you missed all the reports of people waiting 5-6-7 hours to vote in the primaries all over the country this year?  many giving up and abandoning during those long waits?   having to get back to work or pick up kids from school or jsut disgusted with the super long waits in their districts?

• Plus1 2
50 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

It has taken more work for me to request a mail in ballot in Nebraska than it would of to Just show up at the polls and vote.  My wife will also be able to cast a vote this year because it’s via mail.  She’s pretty excited about it!

Shes a “suburban mom” that has never much cared about politics, and she didn’t feel like work causing her to miss going to the polls was that big of a deal.

Boy has that changed the past couple of years!

Why don’t you want her to have a vote?  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

This is proof you really don’t pay attention.  

• Plus1 3
15 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Endorsed by HuskerBoard.