The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

8 hours ago, Ulty said:

I generally like listening to Rogan (usually just snippets though), but he would not be appropriate to moderate a presidential debate. He is not a journalist, and he has fully acknowledged that he is not the most informed guy when it comes to politics. 

He's smart and entertaining, and while he says he leans liberal there is a lot about him that appeals to the right. But a serious debate should be moderated by a serious journalist, not an entertainer. If Joe Rogan moderates a debate, we might as well have the ladies from the View host the Town Hall session.

Rogan

The View ladies

Howard Stern

let those 3 host it.

Rogan seems to let people talk

The View ladies are awesome (look, i love whoopie!)

Stern loved by now hates Trump BUT he is also the best interviewer in media, maybe ever.

On 9/14/2020 at 8:04 PM, Danny Bateman said:

What of voter roll purges? Closure of polling sites? There's a direct line between the invalidating of part of the Voting Rights Act in Shelby County v. Holder and the brazenness with which some politicians feel they can pursue making it more difficult for specific, targeted groups of voters to vote.

In 2018 Brian Kemp was elected governor of Georgia with a margin of victory of about 1.5%. But if we look at what it took to get Kemp to that point:

If this guy wasn't doing this stuff on purpose, he's one of the most incompetent public officials of all time. If it WAS on purpose, he's one of the most crooked. But the coup de grace is this one, where Kemp gives up the game:

Also, in 2018, Florida approved a ballot measure to re-enfranchise most felons with the ability to vote. In response, the GOP governor and state legislature passed a separate bill requiring them to pay vast sums of money in "fees" related to their conviction prior to actually becoming a registered voter again. This amounts to a poll tax that disproportionately affects African-Americans.

Are we supposed to just pretend this type of stuff is coincidental and not at all an attempt to hold on to power?

So since you couldn't name the people who allegedly lost their right to vote due to 'suppression' you cited the Wikipedia.  Buried in their chat thread is an admission that they were quite partisan in their 'article' on voter suppression examining only races where the D lost and blamed the system.  The loudest of these whiney losers is Stacey Abrams who tried to delegitimize the election by alleging 'voter suppression.'  A story that was debunked as soon as it came out. 

The claims of voter suppression rest primarily on the fact that as Georgia secretary of state, Kemp enforced a statute passed by a Democratic-majority legislature and signed by a Democratic governor in 1997. It required the voting rolls to be periodically purged to remove names of voters who were dead, or who had moved away or were incarcerated. Under this law, 600,000 names of people who hadn’t voted in the last three elections were removed from the rolls in 2017 by Kemp’s office.

Those who were removed got prior notification in the mail about the impending purge, and they were given a menu of options to retain their registration. Moreover, it took four years to complete the process by which a name was removed. The reason so many names were taken off in 2017 was that a lawsuit by the Georgia NAACP had delayed the routine enforcement of the law for years before the organization eventually lost in the U.S. Supreme Court.

So the answer to my question is NO, they cannot find the guy whose vote got suppressed.

• Fire 1

27 minutes ago, funhusker said:

That’s seriously what you take away from this?  :huh:

Of course it is, this isn't new. It's been going on for 3 years now. Jesus Himself could come back tomorrow and prove it and if he didn't support Trump they would claim he was a deep state plant all along. They do this no matter how highly respected the person is in the military or the Republican party or as a scientist or whatever. If they speak out against Trump that is literally the only thing that matters and the person is worthless. Everything else about the person, no matter how respectable, is completely washed away the moment they reveal they aren't a Trump supporter. Even being the Son of God would not make them stop and reconsider.

• Plus1 4
6 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Of course it is, this isn't new. It's been going on for 3 years now. Jesus Himself could come back tomorrow and prove it and if he didn't support Trump they would claim he was a deep state plant all along. They do this no matter how highly respected the person is in the military or the Republican party or as a scientist or whatever. If they speak out against Trump that is literally the only thing that matters and the person is worthless. Everything else about the person, no matter how respectable, is completely washed away the moment they reveal they aren't a Trump supporter. Even being the Son of God would not make them stop and reconsider.

I really can’t wrap my head around it...

8 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

omg, they can never again complain that Americans don't "trust the science."  they just made themselves into partisan hacks. 

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but please, don't vote. I've come to understand that it's not really something people can do.

Much like I lack the knowledge to walk into a hospital and perform surgery, it seems Americans lack the ability to walk into a voting booth, think critically (is science REAL? Should gay people be treated EQUALLY?!) and fill in a bubble at the same time. A surgical room is not for me; a voting booth is not for you.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1