The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

8 hours ago, commando said:

trump believes in climate change when it affects him...no when it affects others.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-seeks-wall-irish-golf-threatened-rising-seas-article-1.2647423

Trump International Golf Links & Hotel, in County Clare, Ireland, explicitly cited the threat of global warming in its attempt to secure a permit for a two-mile stone wall that would section off the sprawling resort from the Atlantic Ocean, according to the company's application, first reported on by Politico and filed earlier this month in Ireland.

As Trump said in the debates "I played the game" and that proved his authenticity.  

• Plus1 1

19 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Whatever the Left wants is "scientific" 

I keep going back and rereading the start of this post.  It's actually pretty funny.

Whatever the left wants, is scientific.  Meaning, they have science to back up what they want.  Republicans then turn around and don't believe science  and demonize it any chance they can because the science is not on their side.

The vast majority of scientists will say something that Republicans don't like.  Instead of rethinking their stance based on the evidence in front of them.  They attack the scientists that studied it.

It really is an amazing brainwashing that has happened to this segment of our population.  Then...when I ask you, what about all the scientists that have studied their respective subject for a life time......you don't even acknowledge the question and dodge it.

So....you have scientists that are extremely smart and world wide leaders in their field spending a life time studying it......then you have politicians who gain power by convincing a major segment of the population (that none of this group has any back ground in the subject) that the scientists are horrible leftists who are out to destroy America.

Maybe your side of the equation needs to rethink this.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
7 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This, so much this. I don't want this to be our America.

Although this adds to the very long list of these types of allegations against Trump, the timing of it and the historical nature of it will shed doubt on her claims right away.  It has been discussed in P&R before, and just like Tara Reade allegation, will get downplayed because of the timing and 25-30 years passing with no report.  

• Plus1 3

It is increasingly untenable to say Trump is *for* science and *against* pseudoscience when they keep contradicting their head of the CDC.

Or should we believe that Donald Trump and Mark Meadows, politician, are better scientists than the virologist and career researcher appointed to head America's top public health agency?

• Thanks 1
Just now, DevoHusker said:

Although this adds to the very long list of these types of allegations against Trump, the timing of it and the historical nature of it will shed doubt on her claims right away.  It has been discussed in P&R before, and just like Tara Reade allegation, will get downplayed because of the timing and 25-30 years passing with no report.  

No doubt. I am willing to listen to her story, and I won't judge yet, but the timing is definitely a problem (as with the now seemingly discredited Reade allegation). 

The same questions apply - why not before, why now, ESPECIALLY why not in 2016, etc. Those are valid questions and ones she needs to answer well.

• Plus1 2

Trump campaign figures out a way they can win even if they lose Florida and Ariz or Florida and NC.  They would have to win Mi, Pa, Wisc,

+ Mn or NH

the noose is tightening

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article245760810.html

Ariz is turning blue also

https://cookpolitical.com/analysis/national/national-politics/new-survey-results-kffcook-political-report-survey-az-fl-and-nc

This week, we are releasing the most recent poll that featured 3,479 interviews with voters in Arizona, Florida, and North Carolina.

While Trump carried all three states in 2020, he is not leading in any of these states today. Trump and Biden are essentially tied in Florida (Trump 42%, Biden's 43%) and NC (Trump 43%, Biden 45%). However, in Arizona, Biden has opened up a more substantial lead (Biden 45%, Trump 40%). A Biden win in Arizona would mean that he could afford to lose Michigan or Wisconsin (two of "Blue Wall" consortium) and still eke out an Electoral College win (assuming that he wins all the states Hillary Clinton carried in 2016). Biden could even afford to lose Pennsylvania and still win the Electoral College with a combination of Arizona and Nebraska's 2nd CD.

I'm not sure this proves Biden was using a teleprompter in an interview from his basement HQ

Biden-e1599935279296.jpg

Until I heard the Biden campaign's non-denial

During an interview with Biden spokesman TJ Ducklo, Fox News’ Brett Baier asked directly about Biden’s use of a teleprompter, a question Ducklo did not address.

“I am not going to allow the Trump campaign to funnel their questions through Fox News and get me to respond to that,” Ducklo said.

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/biden-teleprompter-conspiracy-theory/

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1