The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

10 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Put it this way.  If you were a  bad actor trying to interfere with an election would you want people coming to the booth on Election Day or mailing their ballots in followed by weeks of counting?

Put it this way.  If you were a  bad actor trying to interfere with an election would you want it to be easier for the public to vote or would you want to discourage mail-in voting, spread misinformation, reduce polling places in urban areas, unrecognizably gerrymander congressional districts, and invite foreign interference? 

The difference between your scenario and mine is that the latter is actually happening.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

No doubt. I am willing to listen to her story, and I won't judge yet, but the timing is definitely a problem (as with the now seemingly discredited Reade allegation). 

The same questions apply - why not before, why now, ESPECIALLY why not in 2016, etc. Those are valid questions and ones she needs to answer well.

I don't want to start the whole Reade debate again, but she hasn't been discredited despite media opinion pieces declaring it so.

https://www.businessinsider.com/vote-biden-discredit-tara-reade-sexual-assualt-trump-election-2020-5

https://news.yahoo.com/another-tara-reade-friend-comes-080000628.html

AFAICT no new evidence has emerge since early June (second link above). That's not to say that Reade is any more credible than whatever you thought months ago, but time passing doesn't make her any more discredited either.

• Fire 1

14 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I don't want to start the whole Reade debate again, but she hasn't been discredited despite media opinion pieces declaring it so.

https://www.businessinsider.com/vote-biden-discredit-tara-reade-sexual-assualt-trump-election-2020-5

https://news.yahoo.com/another-tara-reade-friend-comes-080000628.html

AFAICT no new evidence has emerge since early June (second link above). That's not to say that Reade is any more credible than whatever you thought months ago, but time passing doesn't make her any more discredited either.

This is covered territory.  Not going to rehash it again.

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Put it this way.  If you were a  bad actor trying to interfere with an election would you want people coming to the booth on Election Day or mailing their ballots in followed by weeks of counting?

If you were a bad actor, in this case the President of the United States, you would simply want to stir up doubt about the entire election process and use whatever you need in case you lose. The USPS was already a whipping boy and the combination of direct sabotage and unfounded conspiracy theory lets you declare the results invalid and keep yourself out of Southern District Court of New York indefinitely 

But it's really much simpler than that. Trump was informed that high voter turnout has always favored the Democrats, who have about 20 million more registered voters than Republicans.

Ergo: suppressing the vote is good for Donald Trump.

Bada-bing, bada-boom. 

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, BlitzFirst said:

The subject no one wants to talk about...how Dems run for change but don't change anything once they are in office. 

It’s unfortunate they don’t change things enough, however that is still preferable to the changes Trump has brought. We need to stop settling though. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BlitzFirst said:

The subject no one wants to talk about...how Dems run for change but don't change anything once they are in office. 

The Dems do make changes, and comparatively they are changes for the better. The problem is that they are generally incremental changes, often the result of pre-emptive compromise, and we have been chased to the edge by 40 years of rightward drift, a place where you gotta think big because that incremental step is a killer. 

• Plus1 2
10 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

The scope of Trump's bullsh*t slinging is truly monumental. I hope, should Biden win, that journalists like Mr Kessler continue their vigilance, and hold Biden's feet to the fire for his "Pinnochio Scale" as well. Can you say CornPop? :lol:

5 hours ago, admo said:

I wonder if there is anything keeping Biden from winning?   :dunno  On his own behalf?  Could he screw it up?  Just an honest question. 

Biden's own voice.  He's not even good on the teleprompter.  But off of it we see objective signs of cognitive decline.  But to be credit they change his position so quickly it's unreasonable to expect Biden to remember.

7 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Make sure you watch the part where she explains why she changed her mind and will vote for Biden.

And if you believed that, you think the Ds want mail in voting to get a fair count. 

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1