The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

14 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

First you need to calm down.  Second some version of tax cuts or 'stimulus' has become an expectation in times of economic crisis, endorsed by professional economists.  So if that is a 'bribe' then everyone bribes.

I’m very calm. I am just completely amazed at how somebody can ignore common sense and be so in the bag for a con man like Trump. Yes, you amaze and befuddle me. It’s incredible really, and that is not a compliment.

How do you possibly consider cutting payroll taxes for 3 months and then doubling them for the next 3 any sort of stimulus? Really, explain that to me because I don’t get it. The people who desperately need an extra $600 bucks over Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec are also the people who cannot afford to pay an extra $600 on top of their usual payroll taxes in the first quarter of next year. What got stimulated? Nothing. Who did it help? Nobody except Trump in this election with people who don’t understand they won’t be able to afford food in Jan, Feb and March. Stimulus my a$$.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

(Trump also blocked aid to Puerto Rico for 3 full years out of spite because they were brown people who can't give him anything... until there's an election in 46 days and he realized there are Puerto Rican voters in Florida who he could potentially appeal to so yesterday he finally decides to roll out a $13B Puerto Rico aid package yesterday. Hmmm.)

Yep, that’s another one I didn’t even bother to list for our head-in-the-sand resident Trump jock rider.

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

I’m very calm. I am just completely amazed at how somebody can ignore common sense and be so in the bag for a con man like Trump. Yes, you amaze and befuddle me. It’s incredible really, and that is not a compliment.

How do you possibly consider cutting payroll taxes for 3 months and then doubling them for the next 3 any sort of stimulus? Really, explain that to me because I don’t get it. The people who desperately need an extra $600 bucks over Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec are also the people who cannot afford to pay an extra $600 on top of their usual payroll taxes in the first quarter of next year. What got stimulated? Nothing. Who did it help? Nobody except Trump in this election with people who don’t understand they won’t be able to afford food in Jan, Feb and March. Stimulus my a$$.

Yep...it amazes me how anyone with half a brain falls for this scam.  

• Plus1 3

Just now, Moiraine said:

I often find crass humor funny but I don't want to hear it from the president about his opponent. 

But it was still funny.  That is the great thing with humor.  Funny is funny.

Go back to the Challenger exploding...the first joke was "What were so-and-so's last words...what does this button do!"

Funny is funny.  Let yourself laugh when something is funny.  

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Go back to the Challenger exploding...the first joke was "What were so-and-so's last words...what does this button do!"

they have been setting this joke up for months.   first biden was a senile old fool who couldn't hold a thought.  then Jr. started accusing biden of using drugs.  now don the con is saying Biden will do super at the debates because he is taking performance enhancing drugs.  next Joe will be the major drug supplier for MS 13?  

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, commando said:

they have been setting this joke up for months.   first biden was a senile old fool who couldn't hold a thought.  then Jr. started accusing biden of using drugs.  now don the con is saying Biden will do super at the debates because he is taking performance enhancing drugs.  next Joe will be the major drug supplier for MS 13?  

That is how jokes work.  You set them up.  That is what made it funny.  If Trump pulls out a Weekend at Bernies poster but with Biden photoshopped in, I will s#!t myself.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Poker player Johnny Moss said something like Reckon they'll bring any tourists next trip?

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

That is how jokes work.  You set them up.  That is what made it funny.  If Trump pulls out a Weekend at Bernies poster but with Biden photoshopped in, I will s#!t myself.  

Looks like they already did it.  Classic Star Trek episode finds a Nazi planet run by Federation scholar John Gill.  At the end, ***50 YEAR SPOILER*** they find out that Gill is a drugged up puppet for the Commandante. 

TOS-JohnGill.jpg

John+Gill.png

• Haha 1