The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

Trump trying to run the same game plan against Biden as he did with Hillary is dumb. Weird that the greatest deal-maker of all time doesn't have another plan ready to roll, but here we are.

Also, yet more proof that Hillary was just such an unlikeable person that she scuttled her own campaign as much as the Comey letter ever did.

• Plus1 2

5 hours ago, knapplc said:

Ronald Reagan had no problem denouncing the Russians for what they are. 

What's Trump's problem?

Former Senator and VP candidate Lloyd Benson  would answer:  

"I knew Ronald Reagan,  I served with Ronald Reagan,  You, Mr Trump, are no Ronald Reagan. "

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

Trump trying to run the same game plan against Biden as he did with Hillary is dumb. Weird that the greatest deal-maker of all time doesn't have another plan ready to roll, but here we are.

Also, yet more proof that Hillary was just such an unlikeable person that she scuttled her own campaign as much as the Comey letter ever did.

I agree that Hillary is unlikeable. She has no personality. Biden definitely has a personality and seems real.

That said I feel like it should be mentioned more often that the GOP has been trashing Hillary for around 18 years now, and I contend she is no more corrupt than your average senator. That kind of negative attention has to have also been a big factor.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

That said I feel like it should be mentioned more often that the GOP has been trashing Hillary for around 18 years now, and I contend she is no more corrupt than your average senator. That kind of negative attention has to have also been a big factor.

Oh...most definitely.  So, the Dems should have already known she was the worst candidate they could have nominated.

But, instead they crowned her the next nominee right after Obama was elected.

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Oh...most definitely.  So, the Dems should have already known she was the worst candidate they could have nominated.

But, instead they crowned her the next nominee right after Obama was elected.

The American People think less of retreads in presidential politics than in college football.  In the lifetime of our oldest citizens. I think Nixon is the only exception.  Otherwise recycled candidates like Hilary, Romney, McCain, Dole faceplanted spectacularly.  

Biden  is on his 3rd try, but like Nixon was a VP.

• Plus1 1
36 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

The American People think less of retreads in presidential politics than in college football.  In the lifetime of our oldest citizens. I think Nixon is the only exception.  Otherwise recycled candidates like Hilary, Romney, McCain, Dole faceplanted spectacularly.  

Biden  is on his 3rd try, but like Nixon was a VP.

The piece of s#!t we have now ran in 2000. 

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

The piece of s#!t we have now ran in 2000. 

You also missed Reagan in 1976 so I could explain the concept of a protest candidacy. 

The Party that brought you electoral destruction, ballot mailing en masse, and court packing has expanded into vote buying.  

Billionaire Michael Bloomberg has reportedly raised more than $16 million in an effort to help convicted felons in Florida register to vote. 

The Florida Rights Restoration Coalition estimated Bloomberg's fundraising push has already paid off monetary obligations for 32,000 felons, Axios reported

The Bloomberg effort, which will be pooled with about $5 million already raised by the Florida Rights Restoration Coalition, is narrowly focused only on Black and Hispanic voters who are already registered to vote and whose debts are less than $1,500.

Florida voters passed a constitutional amendment restoring the right to vote to convicted felons, though the legislature made that conditional on the payment of all outstanding fines to the state. There are some 775,000 felons who still owe money.

Before you tell me why this is fine and dandy, imagine a headline:

Koch Brothers donate millions to pay the fines of prisoners, focusing on White and Uneductated.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Weird, you on-brand omitted the first step, an unconstitutional Poll Tax imposed by Republicans and upheld by Lagoa. 

2 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Koch Brothers donate millions to pay the fines of prisoners, focusing on White and Uneductated.

You’re actually describing the welfare Trump gives farmers... for trade effects he caused. Except it’s billions, with a B. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
3 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

You also missed Reagan in 1976 so I could explain the concept of a protest candidacy. 

The Party that brought you electoral destruction, ballot mailing en masse, and court packing has expanded into vote buying.  

Before you tell me why this is fine and dandy, imagine a headline:

The reason Bloomberg's efforts are focused on Black and Hispanic voters is that...

...and you may want to sit down for this because it's going to shock you to your very core...

...the brunt of the law your Republican cronies have created adversely impacts those very people.

And they did it on purpose because those groups are more likely to vote Democrat.

So your Republican buddies steal elections by suppressing votes. 

That's kinda illegal.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1