The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

Not to change the subject, but why are we about to start wearing pink and posting stories of the lovely women in our lives that have died of breast cancer.  I mean, it really affects virtually no one.  Like 4-5x the amount of people will have died of COVID in 2020 than the number of women that died of breast cancer in 2019.

Donald Trump is a straight up a$$h@!e that needs to be removed.  The only good things normal Republicans cling to were done by the Senate (Judiciary fillings) and Congress (tax breaks for wealthy).  But the insistence that Trump is some "hero" is absolutely disgusting.  I hope they fill RBG's seat and then voters realize that they no longer need the a$$h@!e!

Sorry just venting.  I'm tired of people close to me trying not look stupid and failing miserably at it...

12 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Not to change the subject, but why are we about to start wearing pink and posting stories of the lovely women in our lives that have died of breast cancer.  I mean, it really affects virtually no one.  Like 4-5x the amount of people will have died of COVID in 2020 than the number of women that died of breast cancer in 2019.

Donald Trump is a straight up a$$h@!e that needs to be removed.  The only good things normal Republicans cling to were done by the Senate (Judiciary fillings) and Congress (tax breaks for wealthy).  But the insistence that Trump is some "hero" is absolutely disgusting.  I hope they fill RBG's seat and then voters realize that they no longer need the a$$h@!e!

Sorry just venting.  I'm tired of people close to me trying not look stupid and failing miserably at it...

I have not seen that but I have seen yellow ribbon for pediatric cancer awareness for this month.

5 minutes ago, QMany said:

That is an actual "coup," and its transparent to anyone that has been watching.

Trump isn't trying to win the election, he's trying to steal it by use of his installed judges.  

I've been wondering why he's saying and doing such weird things this cycle. I think it's been so that he would lose the popular vote, which then feeds into his lie about the Dems "stealing" the election, so that he can then declare martial law or whatever his tool is going to be to try to remain in power. 

He's been working with Putin this whole time. This has been the plan all along. Destroy as much of the institutions that make America from the inside, then fracture it and hope it crumbles during the election.

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I hope this is the reply from the other state leaders as well. 

In Pennsylvania, three Republican leaders told me they had already discussed the direct appointment of electors among themselves, and one said he had discussed it with Trump’s national campaign.

“I’ve mentioned it to them, and I hope they’re thinking about it too,” Lawrence Tabas, the Pennsylvania Republican Party’s chairman, told me. “I just don’t think this is the right time for me to be discussing those strategies and approaches, but [direct appointment of electors] is one of the options. It is one of the available legal options set forth in the Constitution.” He added that everyone’s preference is to get a swift and accurate count. “If the process, though, is flawed, and has significant flaws, our public may lose faith and confidence” in the election’s integrity.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I hope this is the reply from the other state leaders as well. 

Stop making the mistake of thinking these people are being honest with you. They have no incentive to be - rather they're incentivized to lie if they think it will tamp down controversy.

And then, just like Lindsey Graham and all the other very serious Republicans who assured us they held deeply principled views and were being straight with us, they will flip-flop on a moment's notice when they've determined it's good for them and their hold on power.

• Plus1 2