The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

9 minutes ago, knapplc said:

McConnell said much the same thing today. The caveat is that they expect to install a willing puppet on the court. The deal will be, you get a Supreme Court position for life, but you have to commit to installing Trump no matter what. 

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said on Thursday that there would be an "orderly" transition of power in 2021, after President Trump refused to commit to a peaceful hand off of power if he loses in November. 

"The winner of the November 3rd election will be inaugurated on January 20th. There will be an orderly transition just as there has been every four years since 1792," McConnell said in a tweet.  

19 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

This is where I'm at.

I'm strongly against a radically conservative SCOTUS but the GOP cares about power above all else and do not care about being hypocrites so of course they're going to fill the seat.

I've moved onto hoping the Dems can get the new justice to pledge to recuse from 2020 election cases given how clearly Trump wants them there for his benefit and focusing on how heavy a political price we can make the GOP pay for stealing a seat to stack SCOTUS.

1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said on Thursday that there would be an "orderly" transition of power in 2021, after President Trump refused to commit to a peaceful hand off of power if he loses in November. 

"The winner of the November 3rd election will be inaugurated on January 20th. There will be an orderly transition just as there has been every four years since 1792," McConnell said in a tweet.  

Right. McConnell's caveat is that he expects the results to be litigated, and their puppet Supreme will be the deciding vote. 

There's never a straightforward word coming from McConnell's mouth. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

It's become increasingly clear what the GOP's gameplan is right now. They're pivoting from actually trying to win the election to hoping for another Bush v. Gore and 2000 Florida on steroids to help push them over the finish line.

To me the only answer is to turn out enough voters so that the margin can't possibly be questioned nor tinkered with in the courts. A reminder that should any Huskerboardites want to get involved, I'm more than happy to help.

• Plus1 2
11 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

And the same people would be tweet storming if Trump was urged not to concede on election day. 

This isn't even worthy of the laugh emoji.  The reality some "Americans" live in is scary.  It's not funny.

To be clear, there are many on the left that are just as scary, and they are no better.

Not conceding in a close election is nowhere in the same ball park as not guaranteeing a peaceful process.  The fact that you can't discern that difference makes your post look idiotic.  I hope you're better than that, for America's sake.

• Plus1 7
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, funhusker said:

This isn't even worthy of the laugh emoji.  The reality some "Americans" live in is scary.  It's not funny.

To be clear, there are many on the left that are just as scary, and they are no better.

Not conceding in a close election is nowhere in the same ball park as not guaranteeing a peaceful process.  The fact that you can't discern that difference makes your post look idiotic.  I hope you're better than that, for America's sake.

Fact: NDJ will revel in Trump's dictatorship.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

Impeach him again.  It doesn’t sound all that crazy now does it?  Trump knows if he loses, he may eventually be imprisoned as a result of his legal troubles.  Another four and a slanted SCOTUS buys him time.   Possibly enough for statute of limitations to expire.   He will stop at nothing to “win” this election.   Undermining the upcoming election is reason enough for impeachment.