The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Shocker, the Republicans are trying to take away voting rights from minorities again!

Voting lines in some minority communities were 6+ hours in Texas, many people just got out of line and didn't vote. Goal is a quicker voting process. It sounds like this will get shot down by the 5th circuit. Pretty sad how one party leans so hard on strategies to keep people from voting. God forbid everyone have a say in how their community is run. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

I don't have much faith that people are, in fact, smarter than that.

Clearly this election (and every election we have ever had) are not being stolen but if 1 ballot is lost, it should be considered a big deal.  

I mean, you don't want any ballot lost or tossed.  That isn't right.  

Just make it easy for people to vote and then count all the freaking votes.  

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Clearly this election (and every election we have ever had) are not being stolen but if 1 ballot is lost, it should be considered a big deal.  

It actually probably is being stolen. Trump has made up this widespread voter fraud issue out of thin air and will use it to try to take the election to the supreme court, where he may have a 6-3 advantage and 3 of those people were nominated by him. A lot more than 1 vote will be lost if that happens.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

It actually probably is being stolen. Trump has made up this widespread voter fraud issue out of thin air and will use it to try to take the election to the supreme court, where he may have a 6-3 advantage and 3 of those people were nominated by him. A lot more than 1 vote will be lost if that happens.

Like I said, if 1 vote is lost, it is a big deal.

6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Its actually pretty incredible. A temp worker (remember these elections are run by everyday people, volunteers and local people in need of work) accidentally threw out the ballots, the election director found out and had all the trash collected and saved and the ballots were recovered. In a way it gives me faith in the local election folks...

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Its actually pretty incredible. A temp worker (remember these elections are run by everyday people, volunteers and local people in need of work) accidentally threw out the ballots, the election director found out and had all the trash collected and saved and the ballots were recovered. In a way it gives me faith in the local election folks...

They made a 90 year old woman dig through the trash?

Haha...I kid...but that is usually who I see working the poll sites.

• Haha 1

Just now, teachercd said:

They made a 90 year old woman dig through the trash?

Haha...I kid...but that is usually who I see working the poll sites.

Funny because I had the same visualization when I read the story. I would reckon with volunteers and temps running these things, something like this would occur every election. It just so happens this year, we have a candidate that wants to sew as much distrust in the election process as he possibly can - goal was to blow this story up and beat his chest about fraud. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

As big a deal as over 50% of the ballots in the country being lost?

Yes, if one vote is lost it is a big deal.  It is to me anyway.  If one person has a hard time getting a chance to vote and ends up not voting because of it, that is a big deal to me.  If one person feels scared to go vote, that is a big deal to me.

I am one of those weirdos that thinks it should be easy to vote, you should not be scared to vote and your vote should not get lost.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Funny because I had the same visualization when I read the story. I would reckon with volunteers and temps running these things, something like this would occur every election. It just so happens this year, we have a candidate that wants to sew as much distrust in the election process as he possibly can - goal was to blow this story up and beat his chest about fraud. 

It is the only visual I get!  Haha

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yes, if one vote is lost it is a big deal.  It is to me anyway.  If one person has a hard time getting a chance to vote and ends up not voting because of it, that is a big deal to me.  If one person feels scared to go vote, that is a big deal to me.

I'm not asking if it's a big deal. I'm asking if 1 vote getting lost is as big a deal as over 50% of the votes getting lost. Try to stop trolling for half a second.

• Plus1 1