The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

Just now, Moiraine said:

I'm not asking if it's a big deal. I'm asking if 1 vote getting lost is as big a deal as over 50% of the votes getting lost. Try to stop trolling for half a second.

Yes...it is.  Any amount of votes getting lost or stolen or suppressed, is the same amount of big deal to me. 

People died for the right and the chance to vote.  People have cried because they came from other countries where they had no voice at all and here they got a chance to vote and be heard.  

It is all a big deal.

You don't feel that way, that is fine.  But to me any lost vote and/or voter having the chance to vote is a big deal.  1 or 50.000.  It is a big deal to me.

It is simple.  Out of all the s#!t that we can do in this country...Voting and counting votes should be the simplest...period.

It should start on a Friday at 12:01am, it should end Monday at midnight (is that really Tuesday), those two days should be off with pay for everyone, one of the days Sat/Sun should be off with pay as well, booths open 24/7 during that time.  And every freaking vote needs to be counted.

And, they need to have charter busses going around to pick up people that want to get out and vote in person at a booth.  It needs to be free, easy, simple and fast.

And you should still get a sticker and cookie!

2 minutes ago, funhusker said:

So... you two ever gonna hook up?

This is like a bad episode of Moonlighting (Anyone remember that?)

• Plus1 3
13 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Seems dumb

Maybe it is...I just think each vote is important and each person should have an easy time to cast their ballot and that the ballot should be counted.  

Like a fast food place...they might put out 10,000 orders in a day.  9,999 are perfect.  Which is amazing.

But if you are the person who got the f#&%ed up order, is ia a big deal.

19 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Maybe it is...I just think each vote is important and each person should have an easy time to cast their ballot and that the ballot should be counted.  

Like a fast food place...they might put out 10,000 orders in a day.  9,999 are perfect.  Which is amazing.

But if you are the person who got the f#&%ed up order, is ia a big deal.

I agree. But f#&%ing up 5,000 of the orders would be a lot bigger deal. 

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Voting lines in some minority communities were 6+ hours in Texas, many people just got out of line and didn't vote. Goal is a quicker voting process. It sounds like this will get shot down by the 5th circuit. Pretty sad how one party leans so hard on strategies to keep people from voting. God forbid everyone have a say in how their community is run. 

Texas was repealing the idea of auto-voting for one party instead of checking the candidate you're voting for.  Are you implying that minority communities don't understand how to do that?

5 hours ago, teachercd said:

Yes...it is.  Any amount of votes getting lost or stolen or suppressed, is the same amount of big deal to me. 

People died for the right and the chance to vote.  People have cried because they came from other countries where they had no voice at all and here they got a chance to vote and be heard.  

I wonder what they think of the Americans who cannot be bothered to stand in line, read the ballot, or even avoid those things by getting a timely absentee ballot. 

7 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Texas was repealing the idea of auto-voting for one party instead of checking the candidate you're voting for.  Are you implying that minority communities don't understand how to do that?

No? but if you want to vote straight party lines you have the option now, hence saving time. You can still do it the other way as well. Are you saying you want unreasonable wait times for minorities? oh wait, of course you do...

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I wonder what they think of the Americans who cannot be bothered to stand in line, read the ballot, or even avoid those things by getting a timely absentee ballot. 

Stand in line for 6 hours to vote, you realize people have kids and jobs right? 

Also Here are the rules for Absentee Ballot voting in Texas:

You may vote by absentee ballot in Texas if:

you are 65 years or older;

you are disabled;

you will be out of the county on Election Day and during the period for early voting by personal appearance; or

you are confined in jail, but otherwise eligible, or certified for participation in the address confidentiality program.

Do us all a favor and educate yourself next time.

• Plus1 2