The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

15 hours ago, teachercd said:

1 people for the people first, it is so simple.

THe second bill can be all the s#!t they want to fight about.

I agree. Send out whatever to the taxpayers now and argue about the other stuff later.

I, and many, don't need that money to survive but there are a whole bunch of people that do. It would provide immediate aid to those who need it most and, for those who don't need it, would likely help boost the overall economy with some splurge purchases.

13 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I agree. But f#&%ing up 5,000 of the orders would be a lot bigger deal. 

It definitely would be more consequential. 2 is more than 1, 2M is more than 5, 000 etc. but I totally get what @teachercd is saying. 1 vote (each vote) is the most important thing and we have to treat it as such. Looking at it any other way is what causes some people to feel their vote doesn't count. It's why we have pathetic voter turnout rates. But yes, obviously Trump or anyone f#&%ing around with the actual voting results would have more dire consequences than 1 ballot getting lost.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I wonder what they think of the Americans who cannot be bothered to stand in line, read the ballot, or even avoid those things by getting a timely absentee ballot. 

It's really two different things:

1) That one party is doing the most uni-American thing possible by making it harder for certain people to vote and/or undermine the legitimacy of the entire process. 

2) The majority of Americans who choose not to vote in this election, like every other election. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

It definitely would be more consequential. 2 is more than 1, 2M is more than 5, 000 etc. but I totally get what @teachercd is saying. 1 vote (each vote) is the most important thing and we have to treat it as such. Looking at it any other way is what causes some people to feel their vote doesn't count. It's why we have pathetic voter turnout rates. But yes, obviously Trump or anyone f#&%ing around with the actual voting results would have more dire consequences than 1 ballot getting lost.

You worded it better than I did, but this is exactly what I was trying to say.

I just never enrolled in a Toastmasters class like you clearly did.

• Plus1 1

I don't agree with Maher all that often, but I found this video on Reddit and it echoes a lot of what I've said previously about the GOP:

All they care about is power. And the country is far worse off for letting them continue to have it.

And he nails it at the end. The only way to subvert their attempt to disregard the election and try to win in the courts is to crush them at the ballot box.

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

You worded it better than I did, but this is exactly what I was trying to say.

I just never enrolled in a Toastmasters class like you clearly did.

Ha, I SUCK big time when I have to speak in front of a group. I would skydive without a chute before I’d sign up for toastmasters.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Which state legislatures do you guys think would go along with what Trump wants? North Carolina has shown they don’t give a s#!t about anything but advancing the GOP agenda. Maybe Wisconsin and Pennsylvania too. 

I know some people really don’t like rickets. He’s not my favorite. But, as red as Nebraska is, I dont see him or our legislature going for this even if a miracle would happen and Trump win the state. 

I expect Lincoln and omaha going Dem and they will send the appropriate delegate.