The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

2 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Typical ratf#&%ing by the republicans. 4.7 million residents get the same amount of drop boxes as 134 residents.

And Harris County is HUGE - almost 1,800 square miles. Not exactly easy to just walk down the street and hand-deliver your ballot to the one drop-off spot.

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Enough people see through the non-denial denials that they legit have to worry.

But at this point, Trump should just bluntly say that he disavows and denounces all white supremacists, and name groups by name, specifically. He's spent years playing games with endorsing them in sly terms. They know who and what he is, and they would know what a denouncement of them is - a politically necessary move during an election.

It would work on the poorly-educated, though. They'd hear that soundbyte and praise him for it.

It's too bad for trump that it's not in his nature to do such a thing. 

Exactly. It would be so easy for Trump to  confound his critics, but he can't help himself. I guess we're lucky that he's not sly. 

4 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Joe survived the debate , generally avoided the bait., and won by not looking as insane and dangerous as Trump. I don't think he played Trump at all or lured him into any trap that Trump wasn't happy to ignore. Joe had a handful of good moments, but missed so many opportunities to challenge Trump more forcefully rather than fall back on tired platitudes. That face-to-face moment is rare, and I think Biden is lucky Trump let his a$$h@!e flag fly and ended the debate threatening to ignore election results and call out his white supremacist defenders. Chris Wallace actually did a better job of defending Biden than Biden did. 

Biden called Trump a "racist" and "liar."  Trump brought him down to Trump's level, or at least showed that Biden was always there.  

Wallace did the best he could in an active situation.  I think the next debate will be a more obvious 2 against 1 situation like Trump called out in 2016. 

• Plus1 1
26 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Biden called Trump a "racist" and "liar."  Trump brought him down to Trump's level, or at least showed that Biden was always there.  

This is a hilarious admission about trump. trumpists know what he is. They revel in it.

• Plus1 5

31 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Trump just announced on Twitter he and Melania have tested positive for COVID.

On further reflection A) I really hope he is OK and B) there is absolutely no way we can put someone this stupid in charge of the country for another four years.

I have trouble hoping someone is okay when they are such a wretched human being. There are so many other people I prioritize over him.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I have trouble hoping someone is okay when they are such a wretched human being. There are so many other people I prioritize over him.

It's a weird place to be for sure.

I can't actively wish bad health on anyone, even Trump.

And yet, it's hard to feel bad for him given how grievously irresponsible he's been and how many people's lives he's either messed up or cost by pretending this entire thing is no big deal and consistently spreading misinformation.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, admo said:

You clearly meant Joe Biden is.

Straight from the Racist's Joe Biden's mouth. 

Please explain

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2hCqgd-2SUn-BAEeYXh3

I prefer below

30 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Trump just announced on Twitter he and Melania have tested positive for COVID.

On further reflection A) I really hope he is OK and B) there is absolutely no way we can put someone this stupid in charge of the country for another four years.

3wqa0k.jpg

Nit: is this breaking news 2:45am Eastern?  I thought CNN reported it two hours ago.

• Fire 1