The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

Everything is coming so fast and furious that there's hardly room to digest Melania Trump caught on tape saying "F*** Christmas." 

As it should be, perhaps. Doesn't bother me at all, as it was a cheap out-of-context troll by some catty opportunist. 

But my guess is that Jill Biden saying "F*** Christmas" would be the lead story on Fox News. 

• Plus1 2
On 10/2/2020 at 11:28 AM, Guy Chamberlin said:

Everything is coming so fast and furious that there's hardly room to digest Melania Trump caught on tape saying "F*** Christmas." 

As it should be, perhaps. Doesn't bother me at all, as it was a cheap out-of-context troll by some catty opportunist. 

But my guess is that Jill Biden saying "F*** Christmas" would be the lead story on Fox News. 

I mean Fox News called red Starbucks cups and people saying "Happy Holidays" a f#&%ing WAR ON CHRISTMAS. 

• Plus1 2
53 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Insensitive Gaffe?  Yep.

Racist?  Nope.

Moreover that foot in mouth moment raised a lot more ire and hand-wringing from white folks, especially conservatives, than it ever did with the black community, who from what I saw generally denounced it as completely tone-deaf but largely let it roll of their shoulders. They certainly didn't take it as any evidence of racism.

All things being equal I'm willing to defer to them.

11 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Moreover that foot in mouth moment raised a lot more ire and hand-wringing from white folks, especially conservatives, than it ever did with the black community, who from what I saw generally denounced it as completely tone-deaf but largely let it roll of their shoulders. They certainly didn't take it as any evidence of racism.

All things being equal I'm willing to defer to them.

Thanks to my years on the internet, I've learned that Democrats are the real racists, and the proof is that Abraham Lincoln was a Republican along with any photo you can find of Robert Byrd. 

This may require a different thread or maybe need to be moved, but I wasn't sure where exactly to put this.

Last week I got a text about Colorado Prop 113, which is a for Colorado to be a part of the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact. My understanding is that whoever wins the national popular vote would get all of the electoral votes from the states in the compact. That seems to be by-passing the Electoral College, right? (I'm fine with that anyway). 

Is anyone familiar with this? 

• Plus1 1

On 10/2/2020 at 11:28 AM, Guy Chamberlin said:

Ya, I don't care either. But it's funny.

1 hour ago, GSG said:

This may require a different thread or maybe need to be moved, but I wasn't sure where exactly to put this.

Last week I got a text about Colorado Prop 113, which is a for Colorado to be a part of the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact. My understanding is that whoever wins the national popular vote would get all of the electoral votes from the states in the compact. That seems to be by-passing the Electoral College, right? (I'm fine with that anyway). 

Yes. I don't know if there's been a topic about it but it's been discussed. They only need a few more states to do this and then the presidential election would be decided by a popular vote, and I think it has already gone to the courts. I am guessing it will be made illegal if it goes to Trump's Supreme Court, even though the GOP pretends to like states' rights.

1 hour ago, GSG said:

That's correct. Part of the bill is that enough states need to adopt NPVIC to have a majority of electors before the bill comes into effect, so it doesn't do anything to your vote or the electors until it has enough electors to get to the 270+ needed to win.