The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

Yes. I don't know if there's been a topic about it but it's been discussed. They only need a few more states to do this and then the presidential election would be decided by a popular vote, and I think it has already gone to the courts. I am guessing it will be made illegal if it goes to Trump's Supreme Court, even though the GOP pretends to like states' rights.

This is the website they sent me: https://yesonnationalpopularvote.com/

I think it makes sense as far as making presidential candidates focus on all states rather than just the swing states or "battleground" states. 

The national website has a lot of good info about NPVIC and other things like voter fraud.

https://www.nationalpopularvote.com/

Some pretty sobering things in this video too. "12 states" will decide the president. All of a campaign's money will be spent in 10 states.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

That's correct. Part of the bill is that enough states need to adopt NPVIC to have a majority of electors before the bill comes into effect, so it doesn't do anything to your vote or the electors until it has enough electors to get to the 270+ needed to win.

What I didn't understand was that I thought Colorado was already in the NPVIC? But maybe they aren't? That's where I got confused

1 hour ago, GSG said:

What I didn't understand was that I thought Colorado was already in the NPVIC? But maybe they aren't? That's where I got confused

This is an attempt to overturn the previous adoption of the NPVIC in Colorado:

https://ballotpedia.org/Colorado_Proposition_113,_National_Popular_Vote_Interstate_Compact_Referendum_(2020)

How did this measure get on the ballot?
See also: Senate Bill 42: Colorado joins the compact
Though Colorado passed the NPVIC legislation through the state legislature, the law is suspended pending a vote on the referendum. Senate Bill 42 passed the Colorado Senate in a vote of 19 to 16, with all Democrats in favor and all Republicans opposed. The House approved the bill in a vote of 34 to 29, with 34 of 40 voting Democrats in favor and all 23 Republicans against. Colorado Governor Jared Polis (D) signed the bill into law on March 15, 2019. Mesa County Commissioner Rose Pugliese and Monument Mayor Don Wilson filed this referendum against SB 42 on March 15, 2019. This referendum petition effort placed SB 42 on the ballot for a statewide vote of the people.[2][3]

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

It's interesting that you ignore a life time of racist actions and words from your candidate and pick out one phrase from the other to call him a racist.

It's obviously a stupid comment by a candidate that was trying to win over black votes. 

I'd put Biden's life actions above Trump's any day of the week on race.

It's not interesting, it's real racist and troubling.

So according to you and Biden, vote for Joe or you ain't gay.  You aint smart.  You aint black.  You aint poor.  You aint science.  You aint christian.  You aint homeless.  You aint a veteran.  You aint a foreigner.  You aint a Nebraskan. You aint nothing.  If you don't vote for Joe Biden.

That's what he said.  Do you understand now??? Please tell me you do.

• Fire 1

13 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

Insensitive Gaffe?  Yep.

Racist?  Nope.

Seriously dude.  Step away from your suburbian safety net, and come down here to the streets of Dallas and tell this to any of my brothers and sisters in their face. Please.  Or we could go to Oakland, or St. Louis, or Atlanta, or Philly or Compton...  Just to see and hear you say this to they face :)

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
16 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

It's interesting that you ignore a life time of racist actions and words from your candidate and pick out one phrase from the other to call him a racist.

Well Biden has a few phrases that were racially insensitive.  Had Trump uttered them you would repeat them daily as proof of racsim.

But more to the point where is the counterpoint?  Why aren't there quotes of Trump describing blacks as poor, inarticulate, not nice looking, etc.  You wave the race card but cannot find a quote to support it?  Do you think voters will be outraged by confusion over a fringe group normal people have never heard of?

10 hours ago, GSG said:

This is the website they sent me: https://yesonnationalpopularvote.com/

I think it makes sense as far as making presidential candidates focus on all states rather than just the swing states or "battleground" states. 

The national website has a lot of good info about NPVIC and other things like voter fraud.

https://www.nationalpopularvote.com/

Some pretty sobering things in this video too. "12 states" will decide the president. All of a campaign's money will be spent in 10 states.

If you don't like the Constitution you can amend it or call for a new convention.  Good luck getting 48 states to want to be ruled by the biggest 2.

• Plus1 2
11 hours ago, admo said:

It's not interesting, it's real racist and troubling.

So according to you and Biden, vote for Joe or you ain't gay.  You aint smart.  You aint black.  You aint poor.  You aint science.  You aint christian.  You aint homeless.  You aint a veteran.  You aint a foreigner.  You aint a Nebraskan. You aint nothing.  If you don't vote for Joe Biden.

That's what he said.  Do you understand now??? Please tell me you do.

Where did I say I agreed with what he said?  

I said it was a stupid comment. 

Now, please tell me that you understand that Trump has proven he’s racist by his actions over a lifetime.  

On 10/2/2020 at 11:47 PM, admo said:

Seriously dude.  Step away from your suburbian safety net, and come down here to the streets of Dallas and tell this to any of my brothers and sisters in their face. Please.  Or we could go to Oakland, or St. Louis, or Atlanta, or Philly or Compton...  Just to see and hear you say this to they face :)

Which do you think would be more welcome to walk down the streets of those cities talking to black people, Trump or Biden?

• Plus1 1
23 hours ago, ZRod said:

Do you honestly not understand the difference between someone who said something stupid as an off color joke one time and some one who:

1. Has been sued twice for housing discrimination against African Americans
  2. Called for the death penalty for the Central Park Five, and when they were exonerated by DNA evidence and a confession still claims they are guilty
  3. Said it was probably true that he told the writer of one of his books that he didn't want black guys counting his money
  4. Wanted to have an all blonde team versus an all African American team on a season of the apprentice. It was rejected, but when an African American male won the season Trump asked him to split with a white female
  5. Has been accused by multiple people of using racial slurs on the apprentice, including the N bomb
  6. Promoted the conspiracy theory of the first African American President not being born in the US
  7. Campaigned on a literal ban of Muslims entering the country
  8. Said a Judge would be biased against him simply because of his Mexican heritage
  9. Repeatedly suggested that Mexican immigrants are rapists, drug dealers, murders, and violent criminals
  10. Said there were very fine people on both sides when one side was literally white supremacists
  11. Referred to Haiti, El Salvador, and African countries as s#!t holes
  12. Said the 3 female minority members of The Squad we're from broken crime infested areas
  13. Pardoned Joe Arpaio for some of the worst racial profiling in US history
  14. Didn't do s#!t for Puerto Rico
  15. Said he would reject white supremacists, but when he was tossed the softball question he couldn't actually do it.

There's more, but if you can't see it idk what to tell ya...

I think you got close to a real example on a few of them.  Regardless Trump created jobs for many African-Americans, Biden not so much, or really at all.

9 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I think you got close to a real example on a few of them.  Regardless Trump created jobs for many African-Americans, Biden not so much, or really at all.

Hitler gave the Jews, gypsies, and gays jobs too. Doesn't make him not a racists.

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

You might want to look at the graph of black unemployment over the last 15 years. 

And stop listening to Trumps BS. 

• Plus1 1