The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

All of these actions are bizarre. Canceling the stimulus bill. Ramming a Supreme Court nominee through just before the election. The absolutely unhinged performance at the debate. The parade stunt putting the Secret Service folks in danger. All of it completely unnecessary. 

These are the opposite of good campaign strategy. It's like he's trying to throw the election. 

• Plus1 2

Yeah I'm wondering where are the "Trump is a master politician playing 4D chess" people are at now because they have come out of the woodwork a lot the past 4 years.

I mean, what a f#&%ing idiot. Tanking his one potential lifeline - reaching a dramatic COVID relief bill at the eleventh hour - by telling people Democrats want to be TOO GENEROUS and explicitly claiming credit for stopping negotiations.

I absolutely abhor Trump, but it's sad to see, in a way. There's a very real likelihood he is a very ill, drugged up old man making piss-poor decisions because his cognition is impaired.

But it's hard to feel bad when all his self-destructive tendencies come home to roost. And it's honestly scary the GOP is so feckless that all of this is going on and they're just kind of complicit, passive observers.

• Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

But it's hard to feel bad when all his self-destructive tendencies come home to roost. And it's honestly scary the GOP is so feckless that all of this is going on and they're just kind of complicit, passive observers.

This is the worst part. Honestly, it seemed like he was trying to throw the election in 2016 as well. Who would have thought that going out of your way to be the biggest a$$hole possible would be an effective campaign strategy? Or that that there were enough uneducated racist a$$holes who would willingly eat it up?

• Plus1 2

20 minutes ago, knapplc said:

All of these actions are bizarre. Canceling the stimulus bill. Ramming a Supreme Court nominee through just before the election. The absolutely unhinged performance at the debate. The parade stunt putting the Secret Service folks in danger. All of it completely unnecessary. 

These are the opposite of good campaign strategy. It's like he's trying to throw the election

It certainly appears, at first blush, that way from the events of the past month. 

30 minutes ago, Ulty said:

This is the worst part. Honestly, it seemed like he was trying to throw the election in 2016 as well. Who would have thought that going out of your way to be the biggest a$$hole possible would be an effective campaign strategy? Or that that there were enough uneducated racist a$$holes who would willingly eat it up?

So much this. Let’s not forget that actually being elected in 2016 came as a total shock and surprise to Trump.

I think it speaks volumes as to how stupid and uneducated so many voters really are. Guy goes out of his way to lose election and the idiots still vote for him.

Disclaimer: this post has absolutely not one thing to do with my previous post......maybe :lol:

• Plus1 2

7 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:
3 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Paging @Notre Dame Joe, please pick up the nearest white courtesy telephone.

Something changed with the alerts.  Instead of getting a list of them in the upper right hand menu, I now just get a message at the bottom of the screen merely announcing that there are a thousand alerts. 

7 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

It honestly is all they have at this point, the funny part is they've cried wolf so many times, if a real scandal happened, no one would believe them. Here is the latest "scandal" proven to be fabricated.

It honestly is all they have at this point, the funny part is they've cried wolf so many times, if a real scandal happened, no one would believe them. Here is the latest "scandal" proven to be fabricated.

I was going to ask if you could contextualize with a couple sentences instead of just embedding a tweet and hitting post.  But, the article buries its context and tries to keep you attention on the heroic vote harverstor, so I can tell it would be a lot of extra work. 

• Haha 1
31 minutes ago, Ulty said:

It worked on South Park.  Although their douche vs turd 2016 episode was really done after the results were known.