The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

All of these actions are bizarre. Canceling the stimulus bill. Ramming a Supreme Court nominee through just before the election. The absolutely unhinged performance at the debate. The parade stunt putting the Secret Service folks in danger. All of it completely unnecessary. 

These are the opposite of good campaign strategy. It's like he's trying to throw the election. 

I think him canceling the stimulus bill in October is a hail mary attempt to save the election.  He will say "you aren't gonna get your stimulus $ in October, if you vote for me, you will get your stimulus $ in November, and I will give you more $, too.  If you vote for Biden, he won't be able to approve a relief package until January, and you won't get your $ until February."

10 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think him canceling the stimulus bill in October is a hail mary attempt to save the election.  He will say "you aren't gonna get your stimulus $ in October, if you vote for me, you will get your stimulus $ in November, and I will give you more $, too.  If you vote for Biden, he won't be able to approve a relief package until January, and you won't get your $ until February."

That is true but hopefully people see through the doucheyness of it. Problem is the people most affected financially by Covid probably aren't Trump voters anyway.

14 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

That would be a pretty transparent hostage-taking of Americans who are going to get evicted this month.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

That is true but hopefully people see through the doucheyness of it. Problem is the people most affected financially by Covid probably aren't Trump voters anyway.

I know there are a lot of layers to the Covid stimulus package, but most people are thinking of those individual payments that they got in the spring, and were told they would probably get another one in the fall.  Now that this payment could be withheld until Feb/March, some people may be dumb enough to say "I want my $ ASAP, so I'm gonna vote for Trump."

29 minutes ago, ZRod said:

f#&%... Good thing I've got some calls I was holding till Friday...

Just one more reason we’d be better off without him on the planet.
A power vacuum would be much more tolerable than the current malfeasance and abuse of power.

Its over folks. Bring in the fat lady. Pound the gavel. Bring in the champagne. This thing is over. The polls this week for Trump are absolutely DEVASTATING! And to top it off he says no stimulus and corona virus is a nothing burger anymore. I cant even imagine what they will be next week. Biden +20? Good chance. 

And for those saying well 2016! 2016 wasnt far off. Clinton was up by about 2 points nationally on election day and won the popular by about 2 million. They were off by a little in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. Key word is a little and that put Trump over the top in those states. Biden up by 11 in Pennsylvania and almost double digits in Wisconsin and Michigan. Lol good luck making that up in a month when your dumbass strategy of Biden being secret antifa is clearly not working but you keep using it anyways. And now not doing something 70% of the American people were for in a stimulus check and bragging about it? Its over baby!

• Plus1 4
15 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Its over folks. Bring in the fat lady. Pound the gavel. Bring in the champagne. This thing is over. The polls this week for Trump are absolutely DEVASTATING! And to top it off he says no stimulus and corona virus is a nothing burger anymore. I cant even imagine what they will be next week. Biden +20? Good chance. 

And for those saying well 2016! 2016 wasnt far off. Clinton was up by about 2 points nationally on election day and won the popular by about 2 million. They were off by a little in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. Key word is a little and that put Trump over the top in those states. Biden up by 11 in Pennsylvania and almost double digits in Wisconsin and Michigan. Lol good luck making that up in a month when your dumbass strategy of Biden being secret antifa is clearly not working but you keep using it anyways. And now not doing something 70% of the American people were for in a stimulus check and bragging about it? Its over baby!

his destruction of the republican party is almost complete.

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

It appears McConnell convinced Trump to fall on his own sword.

Ha! What a dumbass. He could have kept his mouth shut and blamed everything on Pelosi and the Senate. Instead he opened his mouth and acts a fool.

• Plus1 1