The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

10 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

It speaks powerfully to how traumatized America has been by the past four years that the president is having what appears to be a potentially drug-induced breakdown on Twitter and we're collectively kind of just ignoring it.

Or is it just another run of the mill day for the Trump administration? I'm not sure he could do anything unbelievable at this point. He was right about one thing, he could shoot somebody on a crowded street and no one would be surprised.

• Plus1 1

26 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

It speaks powerfully to how traumatized America has been by the past four years that the president is having what appears to be a potentially drug-induced breakdown on Twitter and we're collectively kind of just ignoring it.

8 Hours Earlier: I'm ending stimulus negotiations with the democrats until after the election.

Now: I am proposing a $1200 stimulus check, are you listening Nancy?

200.gif

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, knapplc said:

You gotta be a special kind of person to vote for a guy who makes his team feel like this.

I don't understand being afraid to tell off Trump. What are you afraid of, a negative tweet that no sane person will take stock in? Are you afraid of getting fired?

If I worked in the white house, and got fired for standing up for myself, not only would I be in a safer place, but I could get a book deal out of it, make appearances on the talk show circuit... that could certainly be parlayed into something safer, lucrative, and more honorable than working for this manchild.

I would think that having the Trump stink on you for the rest of your career and never standing up for the right thing would be worse than escaping from that fiery train wreck.

• Plus1 1
38 minutes ago, knapplc said:

You gotta be a special kind of person to vote for a guy who makes his team feel like this.

And that is why you don't work for people like that. I don't feel sorry for anyone who has chosen to stick with that administration.

53 minutes ago, Ulty said:

I don't understand being afraid to tell off Trump. What are you afraid of, a negative tweet that no sane person will take stock in? Are you afraid of getting fired?

If I worked in the white house, and got fired for standing up for myself, not only would I be in a safer place, but I could get a book deal out of it, make appearances on the talk show circuit... that could certainly be parlayed into something safer, lucrative, and more honorable than working for this manchild.

I would think that having the Trump stink on you for the rest of your career and never standing up for the right thing would be worse than escaping from that fiery train wreck.

I agree. But they've all hitched themselves to the Republican party, which has decended into the abyss of conspiracy and authoritarianism. 

They can't leave because it would end their career. The GOP has become a science denying place for conspiracy loving Boomers, Evangelical Christians, and old white guys who love guns. The party of decent politicians like Mitt Romney is gone.

• Plus1 2
59 minutes ago, Ulty said:

That's the way you and I think because we have never supported Trump and are perfectly fine with his ilk not agreeing with us or liking what we have to say.

These people went to work there thinking they were going there to support a President they liked and do good for America.  There is a tremendous amount of backlash from Trump's idiot followers with these people who speak out and confront him.  Some people aren't comfortable with that.

If I were in that position, I would just quit.  The job wouldn't be worth it.

• Plus1 1